Morgan being evaluated for a possible concussion.

PJ said Tanner was going to go back in but he didn’t let him.

I don’t think it’s too bad and I’m not expecting him to miss time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This coaching staff seems more protective of their players when they’re injured. Considering that, I’m surprised they let ZA play with his ankle injury last season. Maybe that situation resulted in a change of philosophy. Either way, they’re going to be overly cautious with a possible head injury, as they should.

Also if Morgan is out, gophers would likely be two TD favorites against Northwestern IMO.

For real? I don't think we will be 2-TD favorites even if Morgan is available.

I just re-watched those two plays, and can’t tell which play it happened on. On the first down play, the side of his head appeared to hit the turf, but he got right back up and set up for the next play. On the 2nd down play, there appeared to be helmet to helmet contact, initiated by Espinoza, but it’s difficult to know for sure from that angle. His head did not appear to hit the turf on that play. He definitely looked out of it, even when he was begging to go back in on the sidelines.

If there was helmet to helmet contact, there should have been a penalty on Espinoza, but I doubt it would have affected the outcome.

Hello from an alternate world is

No, I most certainly am not, you might want to take a quick course on reading comprehension because 'gifted' != best.
Aren't you the guy that got on me for saying the Gophers were over-rated last week?
Have anything to say now?

I just re-watched those two plays, and can’t tell which play it happened on. On the first down play, the side of his head appeared to hit the turf, but he got right back up and set up for the next play. On the 2nd down play, there appeared to be helmet to helmet contact, initiated by Espinoza, but it’s difficult to know for sure from that angle. His head did not appear to hit the turf on that play. He definitely looked out of it, even when he was begging to go back in on the sidelines.

If there was helmet to helmet contact, there should have been a penalty on Espinoza, but I doubt it would have affected the outcome.

Who is Espinoza?

No, I most certainly am not, you might want to take a quick course on reading comprehension because 'gifted' != best.
Aren't you the guy that got on me for saying the Gophers were over-rated last week?

A lot of us have seen him play in high school, but you’re the only one who thinks he’s the most gifted QB in Gopher history. I think we should wait until he plays significant snaps in a college game before evaluating him at that level. So far, he’s 0/2 with an interception. I know it was a difficult situation.

For real? I don't think we will be 2-TD favorites even if Morgan is available.

We were 17 point favorites against Maryland and 14 point favorites against Illinois and I was a lot more worried about those games going into them than I am of this game (with Morgan). We were 29 point favorites against Rutgers and I don't think Northwestern is that much better.

So yes, without Morgan, I think 14 points is fair. With Morgan it'd be more like 18.

We were 17 point favorites against Maryland and 14 point favorites against Illinois and I was a lot more worried about those games going into them than I am of this game (with Morgan). We were 29 point favorites against Rutgers and I don't think Northwestern is that much better.

So yes, without Morgan, I think 14 points is fair. With Morgan it'd be more like 18.

If Morgan is healthy we will be ~22 point favorites next week.

I rewatched the two Tanner Morgan sacks.
One the first one he is sacked. When they line up for the 2nd down play. Rodney Smith is pointing out calls and helping Tanner. Our offense looks confused at this point. After they hike the ball, Andries is beaten badly to his left. It's as if he thought he was going to have some help but it's a bad beat. Morgan has no chance to even throw the ball away.
Morgan is see rolling back and forth like he's in severe pain.

They go out to get Morgan and he walks off fine. One of the trainers shields Morgan from PJ for the last couple plays while Tanner seems to argue to go back in, but it's not going to happen. By body language I can't tell if his head is cloudy or not.

Kraemer comes in for the next two plays. His balls have a little less velocity on them. First pass a step behind Bateman. (Probably not used to throwing to Bateman full speed).
Second ball was hail-mary-esque.

Epeneza was a 5-star recruit by the way.

If the Gophers need to play a freshman against Northwestern, I'd start Jacob Clark. He'll make some mistakes; but I think that he can make some big completions. He had to carry his h.s. team in some big games. If it isn't working, then play Kramer.

If the Gophers need to play a freshman against Northwestern, I'd start Jacob Clark. He'll make some mistakes; but I think that he can make some big completions. He had to carry his h.s. team in some big games. If it isn't working, then play Kramer.

I agree. Clark came from a passing offense in HS, Kramer a run offense. Either can hand the ball off, but Clark has a good arm for deep balls. Not sure Kramer does. Not sure either can run an RPO too. I still lean towards Clark.

I agree. Clark came from a passing offense in HS, Kramer a run offense. Either can hand the ball off, but Clark has a good arm for deep balls. Not sure Kramer does. Not sure either can run an RPO too. I still lean towards Clark.

Clark ran the RPO in HS.

At the game the Iowa fans were booing Morgan because they thought he was faking an injury. What QB would fake an injury on the final drive of the game?

Don’t recall ragging on you- but probably would have if I could have!

Not sure but thought when Anexstead got hurt in camp some were saying he may be ready around the Northwestern game. Does anyone know the status of him?

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Not sure but thought when Anexstead got hurt in camp some were saying he may be ready around the Northwestern game. Does anyone know the status of him?
No, but if he'd been practicing we'd have heard about it by now.

Yeah, he seemed lost on that second down play.

Yup. As someone pointed out later in this thread, Rodney was clearly confused on what Morgan was trying to do pre-snap on 2nd down...I think just before the snap he even kind of threw his hands up.

At the game the Iowa fans were booing Morgan because they thought he was faking an injury. What QB would fake an injury on the final drive of the game?

Ferentz was also upset when the clock was stopped though don't know if that was the reason.

Ferentz was also upset when the clock was stopped though don't know if that was the reason.

Ferentz was calm after he got the explanation why the clock stopped. He was happy Morgan was coming out in all likelihood.

I was watching the game with several other people (and slightly distracted) and I thought at first that PJ was telling Morgan to stay down to stop the clock. I didn't realize there was a possible concussion - thought maybe it was a leg injury. So in that sense, I guess I can see why Iowa fans maybe thought the same thing and would then boo. Now that I re-watched and can see Morgan was woozy on 2nd down, it makes total sense why PJ told him to stay down.

Let's just hope he is ok and doesn't miss any/much time. Morgan has been great.

Agree and he would also give the Gophers the best chance to continue with the high power passing attack in subsequent weeks if needed.

Top Bottom