I wouldn’t draft TJ

You knew from early on in his career that this habit was going to come home to roost and bite them in the ass at some point.

Too bad it had to be while we were sitting on 9-0

He certainly does tend to have the drops. It may keep him out of the first round, but I would say not drafting him at all is a bit of a stretch.

I can’t believe all the people bagging on Tyler Johnson on here. No way this team is anywhere near where it is without him and all his catches. It’s absolutely ridiculous. One play does not lose a game (unless you drop the last pass of the game in the end zone to win it) and even then there are over a hundred other plays every game. I swear some of you are retarded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People on here are getting way too spoiled, y'all are idiots of your upset with him, he is gonna go down as one of the best WRs in this programs history. He is a local kid who decided to stay home which is something so many on here complain about but as soon as he has one drop he sucks? Get out of here with that nonsense

TJ6 absolutely is one of the greatest Gopher WRs of all time. Does that mean people can’t be critical of him for a key mis-play in a huge game? Who said he sucks? Who said he isn’t a major part of why we are 9-1?

You knew from early on in his career that this habit was going to come home to roost and bite them in the ass at some point.

Too bad it had to be while we were sitting on 9-0

I am just glad his habit of making huge plays got us to 9-0.

Frankly, I don't think you're either. I think this is an atrocious take. Morgan and TJ were the reason we were in this game tonight. He dropped a big pass, it stinks. Bateman also dropped a really big pass.

His stats helped us keep the game close tonight. TJ is a leader one a 9-1 Gopher team. I'm thinking his stats were kind of a part of that.

All of that said, if Treadwell or Williamson dominated the receiving record books for the Vikings, but had a bad drop in a big game, would you still like them? These players are human. You need to take the good with the bad. With TJ there is an immense amount of good. With Treadwell and Williamson, there wasn't any good.

Fine, but I still wouldn’t draft him. Someone will. That’s also fine, as long as it’s not the Vikings. After what they went through with Treadwell, I doubt they will, unless they decide to take a flyer on him on the 6th-7th round. It was an easy catch, just like most of his drops are. It’s a bigger problem than what some are willing to admit.

Last edited:

Fine, but I still wouldn’t draft him. Someone will. That’s also fine, as long as it’s not the Vikings. After what they went through with Treadwell, I doubt they will, unless they decide to take a flyer in him on the 6th-7th round. It was an easy catch, just like most of his drops are. It’s a bigger problem than what some are willing to admit.

Would you also not draft Bateman as well?

He also had an easy drop today and a few earlier against Illinois and Nebraska.

Jerry Rice dropped passes, as did every other NFL Hall of Famer.

We've been pretty spoiled by our receiver core. They've been pretty sure handed and in many cases make highlight reel catches. It's too bad that TJ let that ball go straight through his arms....but we were bound to have a play go against us at some point.

Penn State's receivers had a few key drops last week as well.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Would you also not draft Bateman as well?

He also had an easy drop today and a few earlier against Illinois and Nebraska.

I wouldn’t compare Bateman’s drop history to what we have watched for 4 years with TJ6. That doesn’t mean he isn’t an all time great WR at the U (he is), it doesn’t mean he won’t get drafted (he will) - but drops absolutely are an issue with TJ6 and that is nothing new. I suspect that is why he came back this year.

Top Bottom