We control our destiny

caliGopher

Reaction score
This team is still having a season to remember. Our ability to win the B1G west is entirely in our hands.

The boys have shown they have what it takes. We could have/should have won this game. We didn’t. We could have/should have lost a couple of games already this year. We didn’t. Tonight didn’t matter. Games we might have lost doesn’t matter.

Beat Northwestern and Wisconsin, we’re in the B1G title game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This team is still having a season to remember. Our ability to win the B1G west is entirely in our hands.

The boys have shown they have what it takes. We could have/should have won this game. We didn’t. We could have/should have lost a couple of games already this year. We didn’t. Tonight didn’t matter. Games we might have lost doesn’t matter.

Beat Northwestern and Wisconsin, we’re in the B1G title game.

Morgan is our entire offense. Without him, we don't beat Wisconsin.

NW game is basically meaningless as far as the division title. It all comes down to the Axe game.

Morgan is our entire offense. Without him, we don't beat Wisconsin.

We don't know if he'll be out.
He might not have a concussion. Being evaluated. We'll hear during the week.

We have more quality backups than we did last year.

If he doesn’t have a concussion he lost his mind. It was obvious to PG he was done for today out on the field. Then on the sideline Tanner was screaming at PJ. That ain’t normal behavior for Tanner.

Beat jNW and WI and we should be in the Rose Bowl. That’s what matters now. Gotta put this crap-show behind us.

Beat jNW and WI and we should be in the Rose Bowl. That’s what matters now. Gotta put this crap-show behind us.

Rose Bowl went out with this loss unless we would beat Ohio State in the conf.playoff. I wouldn't bet on that. If we beat Wisconsin and North. We would be tied with Penn state and Michigan. If this loss drops us down below both of them after today's game. I don't see how we could be rated higher than either one of them at the end of the year. The conf. Playoff loser is not guaranteed the Rose Bowl. The highest rated team that dosent go to college playoff goes to new years six bowl.

Rose Bowl went out with this loss unless we would beat Ohio State in the conf.playoff. I wouldn't bet on that. If we beat Wisconsin and North. We would be tied with Penn state and Michigan. If this loss drops us down below both of them after today's game. I don't see how we could be rated higher than either one of them at the end of the year. The conf. Playoff loser is not guaranteed the Rose Bowl. The highest rated team that dosent go to college playoff goes to new years six bowl.

I understand the process. I think we could be above PSU and MI in that scenario.

I don't want this to sounds like a moral victory deal, but the way the game started we could have acted like we didn't want to be there which would have nullified the victory for Iowa.
But instead we scratched our way to within a possession so it could be a valid victory for Iowa over a good team. If we were SEC, we would now have our quality loss, but we're in the Big Ten so we'll fall behind 2-loss SEC teams again.

Assuming Ohio State beats both PSU and Michigan and the Gophs win out, then the Gophs have the better record, a head to head vs PSU, and better record against common opponents with Michigan. It seems to me the Rose Bowl could still be in the Gophs grasp.

If we beat Wisconsin and lose to Ohio State (assuming Ohio State beats PSU and MI):

OSU: 13-0
MN: 11-2 (Head to head vs PSU)
PSU: 10-2
MI: 9-3
WI: 9-3

I don't see how we don't get the Rose Bowl in this scenario.

I'm worried about NW right now.
Future is bright.

It's gonna come down to the Axe game like most of us thought all along....that is unless the Gophs totally crap the bed against Northwestern somehow.

It's gonna come down to the Axe game like most of us thought all along....that is unless the Gophs totally crap the bed against Northwestern somehow.

NW game is meaningless as far as the division title, unless Bucky loses to Purdue. Which they won’t.

How far do we fall? Behind Penn State, Wisconsin, and Michigan for sure. Does Iowa jump above us even with 3 losses?

If we crap the bed vs NW it still comes down to Wisconsin.

NW game is meaningless as far as the division title, unless Bucky loses to Purdue. Which they won’t.

Meaningless for the division title but HUGE for the Rose Bowl. It's the difference between us having an edge vs PSU, WI and MI vs being tied or behind each of them.

Exactly this.

Coming into this season I thought we would be sitting around 9-2 with a chance to hand UW their second loss and steal a championship appearance.

Now it looks like they'll be sitting around 9-2 with a chance to hand UMN their second loss and steal a championship appearance.

Got there in a roundabout way, but that game was circled for a reason.

Top Bottom