[POST GAME THREAD] Iowa defeats Minnesota 23-19

Hollinsanity

Reaction score
What’d you think Gopherhole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never seen a more poorly run 2-minute offense. Like confusingly bad.

Gophers played like crap for nearly an entire half had about a dozen or more critical mistakes throughout the game, and somehow we were still in it to win it in the end...

I did not see us beating both WI and IA, and losing this game actually makes me more confident in the WI game.

Lets get back on track next week, and play for the Big 10 West Title Thanksgiving weekend at home!

Poor game plan in the first half with wasted TO's again cost us points. Better second half but TJ6 has to hold on to that pass and PJF has to stay off the field. We had chances but wasted multiple opportunities. O-line took a big step backwards and our special teams are not. Go win the last 2.

What is with the abysmal 2 minute offense? Inside of 2 mins, u can’t keep running the same offense and checking out of plays. Call a d*!? Play and stick with it!

Ugly game and still almost won.

Still have quality opponents ahead of us for more quality wins.

The clock management and play call issues that have been annoying all year ****ed us. Too many big plays allowed early, defense was terrible in the first half, and overall way too many mistakes.

Glad they battled back, but come on guys, if we play like we did in the second half we win by 10.

Credit Iowa. They came out ready to play and their redzone defense was stellar. Not sure if it’s been said, but Morgan was obviously concussed after the first down play.

Disappointing all-around.

Played hard, a few plays wish they Gophers could have had back. Credit to Iowa, they made more plays. Kicking game and special teams not good today. Not understanding why the snaps were so low and high and off. Iowa D line made the plays when it mattered and had 6 sacks.
Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I got blasted for saying that PSU was a bad win last week, so here's the other side.
This was a good loss.

First downs:
Minnesota - 23
Iowa - 17

Total yards:
Minnesota - 431
Iowa - 290

TOP:
Minnesota - 32:20
Iowa - 27:40

I said this could happen, I'm not surprised that it did happen, and it does not change my outlook on the Gopher's season.
This team can still compete for the B1G, they can still make the playoffs, and getting punched in the mouth can make you a lot better.

I'm not worried about this, and you shouldn't be either.

Unfortunate however all of our goals, including the CFB playoff, are still ahead of us.

Credit Iowa. They came out ready to play and their redzone defense was stellar. Not sure if it’s been said, but Morgan was obviously concussed after the first down play.

Something didn't look right. I agree.
PJ seemed to work to make sure he got him out of there.

Interesting he went with Kramer to not burn a Clark game at the end.
Clark might have to start next week if concussion protocol keeps Morgan out.

Unfortunate however all of our goals, including the CFB playoff, are still ahead of us.

Yeh, we have that quality loss that those SEC teams were all bragging about so we should be better off now.

On the bright side...I think this makes Game Day in Minneapolis way more likely.

Tyler Johnson doesn't have his typical drop at the 5 that leads to an unsportsmanlike on both teams, its 1st down at around the 5. Missed X point, and field goal (although it was a 50 yarder, so, acceptable), the difference in the game. Whyiowa played disciplined and well coached, the Ophers did not.

Can’t make that many mistakes against a good team on the road. Amazing we still had a shot to win it at the end.

Gotta bounce back and go beat a bad northwestern team then go win the west at home against Wisconsin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeh, we have that quality loss that those SEC teams were all bragging about so we should be better off now.

You joke, but this was absolutely a 'quality loss'.
The Gophers outplayed a quality road opponent, lost the game on iffy special teams, and looked really, really good in the process.

This game is a setback, not a dagger to the heart.
Now is Fleck's time to respond.

Not surprised; IA defense is legit. Just mostly disappointed that we can’t clinch the west next week. I feel better about WI than IA, but it would have been nice to have it wrapped up.

They played their worst game possible and still almost won at Kinnick. I'm not worried. Plus, everything
they can play for is still in front of them.

We played poorly on the road at the #20 team in the country and still almost won.

But it's still frustrating as hell. With a different kicker, we're probably playing OT right now. If Johnson catches that pass, we probably win.

Thought is was interesting that Kramer was the first one off the bench instead of Clark, as everyone assumed.

Iowa games are always ugly. They make everybody look like they are running in mud and always in it at the end.

We played poorly on the road at the #20 team in the country and still almost won.

But it's still frustrating as hell. With a different kicker, we're probably playing OT right now. If Johnson catches that pass, we probably win.

Frankly, if Minnesota's kicking game had been average they would have won.

Thought is was interesting that Kramer was the first one off the bench instead of Clark, as everyone assumed.

Looked like Clark was about to go in because he’s the “true backup” but they didn’t want to burn a game for a third and 30 with a minute left.

I worry about Morgan and how he won’t be the same the rest of the season with a concussion or will be out until the bowl game.

Tyler Johnson doesn't have his typical drop at the 5 that leads to an unsportsmanlike on both teams, its 1st down at around the 5. Missed X point, and field goal (although it was a 50 yarder, so, acceptable), the difference in the game. Whyiowa played disciplined and well coached, the Ophers did not.

Get a FG there instead of going for it, we're within range as well.

We played a pretty good game with more errors than normal, and we lost close to a ranked team.

Not a shock. Right where Vegas had it pegged.

We aren't horrible. We're still good.
We're not where we want to be yet, but PJ said that before this week.

Top Bottom