Anyone Have 4k-HDR reception?

OldBob53

Reaction score
Notre Dame games are reportedly offered in 4K HDR, which is twice or maybe 4 x as detailed and vivid as ordinary HD. If you've seen it, what do you think?

Comcast now offers it but Ive got to trade in my existing set-top box for a special 4k-capable one--which I can't do until Monday.

I don't think its available for the Gophers on Fox.

There have been 1 or 2 games offered in 4K for Gopher games through Comcast. Not available today though. Currently there is one FS1, NBC, and ESPN game a week offered in 4K.

The broadcast is usually slightly different, for example, one of the games I watched didn't have commercials which was actually kind of cool. It just went to a wide angle view of the stadium. I don't think that's true for all networks though.

The picture is fantastic though. Definitely better than a standard HD game and easily noticeable. Yes you have to trade in your box for a new one, but there is no additional charge. I recommend it. There will only be more 4K content in 2020.

4k is great for resolution and HDR is great for a more natural picture, especially replicating colors. There is a noticeable improvement for live sports, but 4k really shines for movies and other taped content.

I'd kick it here goops wrong thread

Top Bottom