Hawkeyes relish chance to tarnish Gophers' record

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Steve:

There’s more than a 98.3-pound bronze pig on the line today at Kinnick Stadium.

There’s a chance for Iowa’s 23rd-ranked football team to play the role of the November spoiler — again.

Much like Michigan in 2016 and Ohio State in 2017, Minnesota visits the Hawkeyes sporting an unblemished record, Big Ten title hopes and chasing postseason playoff possibilities.

The seventh-ranked Golden Gophers bring a 9-0 record into the 3 p.m. battle for Floyd of Rosedale, the first time since 1904 that Minnesota has remained unbeaten this deep into the season.

“They’re obviously having a great season, but we wouldn’t mind sending them home with a loss,’’ Iowa defensive tackle Cedrick Lattimore said. “We got a few things to play for, too.’’

A 10-win season remains a goal for the Hawkeyes, something that would require a win in every game Iowa plays between now and the end of the season.

And mostly, the Hawkeyes want to compete.

“We’re a good football team. We’ve shown that we can compete with some of the best teams in the country and this is another chance to do that,’’ Iowa quarterback Nate Stanley said.

http://www.emporiagazette.com/sports/national/article_250e43d7-9d2b-5278-bbd9-e6cd7e5b01d9.html

Go Gophers!!

Let me be honest. I am nervous about this game.

Let me be honest. The Hogeye fans will be leaving mid-third quarter. Iowa will need to score 35 or more to win this game. It will get out of control for them very quickly.

Let me be honest. I am nervous about this game.

I understand, but in college, I did fine on the tests that made me nervous, it's the ones that I thought would be a breeze that tripped me up

I really believe that the Gophers will win today if they play their game. No doubt however the Hawkees will be fired up today along with their fans. Its a different environment with the fans being very close to the benches so are able to scream at them all game. Need to start out fast to get in the zone.

Oddly enough I was nervous coming in today. Today however I feel good about it knowing that Fleck will preach and lead them in the right direction as the Gophers have a chance to make more history today.

Come on, Gophers. This is too much fun and I'm not ready for the ride to end...sure hope they play with passion today.

If Fleck can get these guys up for this game and firing on all cylinders after the emotion of winning that game last week, he's even better than I thought. This will be a very, very difficult game. 20 years of futility at Kinnick.

Let me be honest. The Hogeye fans will be leaving mid-third quarter. Iowa will need to score 35 or more to win this game. It will get out of control for them very quickly.

Well, given how few points Michigan and Penn State scored against them, I'm certainly not confident that we're going to hit our usual point range. I agree that if we score over 30, I have a hard time seeing how they can win.

Well, given how few points Michigan and Penn State scored against them, I'm certainly not confident that we're going to hit our usual point range. I agree that if we score over 30, I have a hard time seeing how they can win.

Same was said about Penn State's defense...until last week.

Minnesota will be north of 20 at the half.

Our D has to stop big explosive plays! We allowed PSU way too many yards!!

If Fleck can get these guys up for this game and firing on all cylinders after the emotion of winning that game last week, he's even better than I thought. This will be a very, very difficult game. 20 years of futility at Kinnick.

Fleck is a great motivator but this is a rivalry game so players should be up no matter what. Would be far more worried about motivation if we were playing northwestern this week.

We might lose but I don’t think it will be due to lack of desire or energy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom