PJ Fleck: "Go Be Diamonds Today!" PSU Game Speech

hungan1

Reaction score
This is the full version. Fleck never ceases to amaze. He is a masterful motivator.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:

Don’t forget the axe!;1840728 said:
Jerry Kill and Tracy Clayes were better motivators. I have stats to prove it.

What stats might those be? Definitely not number of times we won the axe.

Unbelievable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So over-the-top. I showed it to my wife and she asked, "was he trained as a revivalist preacher?" I love it. I just love it.

I love it even more now that we're winning because this stuff just drives our opponents' fanbases bananas.

Last edited:

I hope at some point he talks about how grapes that grow in the harshest soil produce the most robust flavor and then breaks out a cask of fine cabernet.

Fear the Nekton Apex Predators!

So over-the-top. I showed it to my wife and she asked, "was he trained as a revivalist preacher?" I love it. I just love it.

I love it even more now that we're winning because this stuff just drives our opponents' fanbases bananas.

This is the sort of thing you only show the public if you win the game. It’s a like hokey, but whatever works! The average college football seems to like him, so who cares what our opponents’ fans think.

This is the sort of thing you only show the public if you win the game. It’s a like hokey, but whatever works! The average college football seems to like him, so who cares what our opponents’ fans think.

I care what they think because I love to see them driven up a wall by this stuff now that we're winning, because they have to admit that it's working and that must just be terrible for some of them.

All coaches have a bit of televangelist in them but Fleck probably has a little more then most. I do kind of like how they have a theme each week, something they really drive home not just on gameday but in the days leading up to the game as well. Comes across a little hokey but it helps with the concept of shared vision and togetherness.

Tough to argue with the results to this point, and hopefully the best is yet to come.

One may think it's corny, but the "pressure = diamond" theme is a very good life lesson. This sort of thing is taught in first class organizations. PJ puts a unique spin on it.

Sounds familiar...

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qwV6vUG3WM0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ha! Yeah, PMW is on it.
Guess he goes with what works. Going to assume it’s a 2-0 speech.

Ha! Yeah, PMW is on it.
Guess he goes with what works. Going to assume it’s a 2-0 speech.

Sure coaches recycle bits all the time....if you find something the resonates with one group may as well use it with the next one.

I'm looking forward to the speech about how amethyst is formed.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Sure coaches recycle bits all the time....if you find something the resonates with one group may as well use it with the next one.

Sounds familiar...

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qwV6vUG3WM0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So weird that a leader would use a motivational tactic or message again that worked for him previously. I think PJ must be the first and only person to do that in the sports world, in the business world and even in the political world.

Or wait, is that how Tony Robbins and hundreds of other public speakers became millionaires? Is that how Obama got elected president?

It's called a message, bruh. And knowing how to use it at the right time.

So weird that a leader would use a motivational tactic or message again that worked for him previously. I think PJ must be the first and only person to do that in the sports world, in the business world and even in the political world.

Or wait, is that how Tony Robbins and hundreds of other public speakers became millionaires? Is that how Obama got elected president?

Take it easy, bruh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a retired person I do enjoy these sort of things. However I personally believe the younger generation needs to hear it more yet due to all the pressures coming in from all directions (lack of money, studying, family issues or whatever the case may be). Fleck is what the younger generation needs to cope with reality of life to succeed.

Best part of being a college coach is you can recycle speeches every 5 years and the players won't know!

Coaches say all sorts of things. Ive heard some of the dumbest pregame speeches you can think of in High School. While coaching Ive heard folks stumble all over their words and not make much sense. The goal is to get a team focused and energized so however you gotta do it is fine with me

Fleck was asked about the diamond in one of his interviews a day or two after the game. He explained the whole thing and essentially said it’s one of those things that looks good if you win and looks stupid if you lose.

Fleck was asked about the diamond in one of his interviews a day or two after the game. He explained the whole thing and essentially said it’s one of those things that looks good if you win and looks stupid if you lose.
I think we played like schist today.

“Who’s got it better than us!?” “NOBODY!”

Top Bottom