***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT IOWA, FLOYD OF ROSEDALE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

It’s not just the defense. The blockers up front are getting their asses handed to them way too often. Gut check time.

Iowa’s defense is for real. Kirk C. has to do some of that coordinator ****.

Rossi needs to get more aggressive. Zero juice everywhere on defense outside of maybe Winfield.

No one said it would be easy. Winnable game. Lot of time left. Get a couple of turnovers.

This is what PJ makes big bucks for. Gotta set the team straight for the 2nd half.

Our passing game is on. Need to run the ball better. Need to come out with some semblance of a defense. I'm still confident

Very disappointed in how we are making their pedestrian offense look like LSU. Game still within reach though but we need to play flawless now. 2 trips inside the 10 yard line and 6 points to show for it. Can't happen anymore.

Iowa's dodged a lot of bullets to keep the Gophs out of the end zone. We're moving the ball.

Iowa has a rb that Mn d can’t catch. Iowa receivers are wide open. Their offense is plenty good today.

Oh, no debating they look good today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This defense hasn’t done a damn thing. That’s the issue here. Iowa’s offense is not good.

Iowa came out with house money - Rossi was prepared for Iowa’s season long offense - make the adjustments at half and press/blitz - offense needs to pass, pass ,pass they cannot stop us. Slueter needs to hold up at least a count.randy moss rules with Bateman one deep throw per possession.

Weird game! It seems like we are moving at will most of the time and have 6 points.

This defense is outmanned. I've never been a believer. The PSU qb was off last week or they would have had 650 yards.

Man oh man, are there some nutless guys on this site or what!!? Iowa exposed some of our weaknesses that have been there to see all season long. Our players have not played well. Period. The defensive game plan was too passive. Yet the game is still well within reach. So, so, so why all the surrender monkies posting!?!? Wimps.

Iowa came out with house money - Rossi was prepared for Iowa’s season long offense - make the adjustments at half and press/blitz - offense needs to pass, pass ,pass they cannot stop us. Slueter needs to hold up at least a count.randy moss rules with Bateman one deep throw per possession.

Are you saying we need to implement a Rashod Ratio?

Change the narrative, right!!? OK...we're down by 2 touchdowns and we'll get the ball back to begin the 2nd half. I still believed that we should've gotten Green in there and run the sh!t of out them for 6 points instead of 3.

I get it...every point count, but we were on the 2!!!! Fcuk!! C'MON GOPHERS!!! LETS GO!! If we win this...we are miracles like our 1980 US olympic team against Soviet Union!

Get the ball, score, get a stop, score, badabing, new ball game.

Very disappointed in how we are making their pedestrian offense look like LSU. Game still within reach though but we need to play flawless now. 2 trips inside the 10 yard line and 6 points to show for it. Can't happen anymore.

Gophers have been moving the ball decently - but almost all through the air. It's not like Iowa is shutting down the O; either bad calls (e.g., two runs to start a new set of downs) or some bad execution/luck has prevented the Gophers from having 2 or 3 TDs in the first half. Only 6 points off of all of that ball movement is quite unfortunate. Meanwhile, the pigs have cashed in on every decent drive they had. Adjustments could easily change the way this game goes. I have a lot more confidence in the ability to come back in this one than I have ever had with a Gopher team down 14, all because this team can move the ball passing. Odds of winning still ~20-25%-ish.

Change the narrative, right!!? OK...we're down by 2 touchdowns and we'll get the ball back to begin the 2nd half. I still believed that we should've gotten Green in there and run the sh!t of out them for 6 points instead of 3.

I get it...every point count, but we were on the 2!!!! Fcuk!! C'MON GOPHERS!!! LETS GO!! If we win this...we are miracles like our 1980 US olympic team against Soviet Union!
That out of bounds clock wind cost us a time out - 4 seconds at 2 yard line - get the points and get the ball to start half.

On the bright side: lots of growth in that first half.

We need to score from the 40 or so.
Running against Iowa around the 30-40 yard line hasn't worked.
Need to take shots from further out.

Might need to go Green Line for a 4 down series against Iowa if you want to keep the ground game going.

Iowa has finished their drives, we haven’t. That’s the difference. Four drives inside their 30 or so and only 6 points.

Iwoa is going to bring pressure on this first series. We need to run some screen plays

The MN defense has been outplayed in the first half.
I think kicking the FG with two yards to get three points vs seven was a mistake.
There is nothing to make me believe the MN defense is going to improve in the second half. It isn't the scheme but the players.
IA has made MN one dimensional on offense and I expect more pressure being brought to bear on Morgan to try to take away the passing game which IA has not been able to stop.
An interesting chess match between the two coaches at half time adjustments.

We need to score from the 40 or so.
Running against Iowa around the 30-40 yard line hasn't worked.
Need to take shots from further out.

Might need to go Green Line for a 4 down series against Iowa if you want to keep the ground game going.

Agree, that’s what I would have done.

Top Bottom