***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT IOWA, FLOYD OF ROSEDALE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I wish the Gophs had a dominating D lineman like Epenesa. Gamechanger.

Clark’s chance to become a legend

What's really clear this game is that they are not very good at making quick changes on the fly; given what we saw with brutal defensive scheme the first 3 drives of the game, the wasted time, and the having no clue who to put in at QB on 3rd down. Gotta be better prepared.

What a joke....seriously how terrible I'm ready to cash my season tickets. Beating Iowa woulda shown we have truly turned the page instead we S'd the bed again

F'ing stupid. We're all disappointed and angry but some of you need to calm down and stop being total dooshdbag.jpgbags.

And me - most other Gopher teams of the modern era would have completely collapsed after going that far down in the first half.

Yes. It was fun to know that down 10 with 5 minutes left, the game was most certainly not over and that the Gophers had a real chance at a W. Still easily the funnest Gopher football team I've seen in my lifetime, and still a chance to head to the Rose Bowl!

- Rossi didn't adjust fast enough - held the pig farmers to 3 in the 2nd half because we sent more pressure
- Few bad calls by the officials - missed holding calls that let Iowa burn clock, bull**** penalty on our special teams
- Fleck did poorly managing the clock, burned an important TO, ran on the field like a fan.
- TJ6 dropped a pass that hit him square in the chest on the 5 yd line.
- Tanner Morgan threw for 370 yards with 0 ints and we only got one TD out of it.

AND WE STILL ONLY LOST BY 4. We still got a great team then could very well win the B1G West and give OSU a run for their money.

Northwestern should and will be taken to the woodshed next week, and then it's the skunks turn at TCF Bank.

Now we know just how important Curtis Dunlap is to this team. Dare we say with Dunlap that's a very different game?

Impossible to say, and silly to speculate. We had enough chance to win without him. Coaching killed us tonight. Dunlap wouldn’t have changed that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flawed defensive game strategey from the start. The Gophers played like they had a big lead. At least they adjusted in the second half, but that's too late for a very good defensive team like Iowa.

Team had a hangover the first half - rossi went conservative, offense went conservative - many chances to win this game anyway - 9-1 with northwestern next week and Wisconsin at home

TJ6 and PJ share in this loss. We outplayed them, but couldn’t overcome them.

To say this about Tyler Johnson shows you never played sports at any kind of high level, and that’s including high school. At best I’ll guess really bad high school. Am I right? Or is it never even played in high school? You just have no clue.

And me - most other Gopher teams of the modern era would have completely collapsed after going that far down in the first half.

I love this. We sucked, and blew it, but it’s OK - we have been worse in the past.

Yes. It was fun to know that down 10 with 5 minutes left, the game was most certainly not over and that the Gophers had a real chance at a W. Still easily the funnest Gopher football team I've seen in my lifetime, and still a chance to head to the Rose Bowl!

Agree on the Rose Bowl. We still control our destiny. Take care of business next week. Then it comes down to a tilt vs Wisconsin.

Coaches need to get their sh!t together. The play on the goal line that caused a wasted timeout was 2015 Michigan-esqe. Our coaches really failed the team in this game.

Now we know just how important Curtis Dunlap is to this team. Dare we say with Dunlap that's a very different game?

Dunlap is our worst starter. Not sure he is the W/L difference.

I wish the Gophs had a dominating D lineman like Epenesa. Gamechanger.

Senior that’s been in Iowa’s system 4 or 5 years - we will be better next year in so many ways and have some fleck recruits I thier 4th year

Can we still make the Rose Bowl without beating OSU in the B1G championship? I'm skeptical. I think they take PSU.

Get off the ledge people. We’re a 9-1 football team. Likely 10-1 next week assuming we have a QB.

Even if they finish 10-2 it’s a spectacular season.

They fought hard and did well to overcome an early deficit. Still proud of this team and staff. On to the next

To say this about Tyler Johnson shows you never played sports at any kind of high level, and that’s including high school. At best I’ll guess really bad high school. Am I right? Or is it never even played in high school? You just have no clue.

I was an all-state athlete in two sports in HS - but I never played football past 4th grade. I wasn’t tough enough. So that must mean TJ6’s drop wasn’t a major difference in this game? As I said in this thread - I love TJ6, but his drops is the only reason he came back this year, they will cost him rounds in the draft, and they cost us today Big Time. But I didn’t play big-time football, so what do I know?

Can we still make the Rose Bowl without beating OSU in the B1G championship? I'm skeptical. I think they take PSU.

A 2-lose PSU with a shared loss to tOSU and a head-to-head loss to us? No way.

Flawed defensive game strategey from the start. The Gophers played like they had a big lead. At least they adjusted in the second half, but that's too late for a very good defensive team like Iowa.

Yes, but very flawed offensive scheme throughout, as well. I posted a bunch of times throughout the game that running the ball with RS1, today, was nothing but a wasted down and wasted time. But they continued to try to force that throughout. There was no reason to keep doing what was failing. Furthermore, guess who was in there and was supposed to pick up the pass rusher on the final set of downs from the 20? RS1, who brutally missed both pass rushers who got to TM, who didn't play the final two snaps due to injury. Finally, I sure hope TM's injury is minor. Without him this season will surely not end well.

Yikes. I guess I didn't think about that scenario. I dunno. If both teams have 2 losses, one for each vs. OSU, and Minn over PSU head to head? Gotta go with the U, right?

(assuming next 2 weeks have no upsets)Beat NW, beat WI, we're in BIG Championship game. Beat tOSU we go to Rose Bowl...Lose to tOSU season records will be as follows

tOSU 13-0
Minn 11-2
Wi 10-2
PSU 10-2
Ia 9-3

Get off the ledge people. We’re a 9-1 football team. Likely 10-1 next week assuming we have a QB.

Even if they finish 10-2 it’s a spectacular season.

They fought hard and did well to overcome an early deficit. Still proud of this team and staff. On to the next

Quit being the voice of reason! Don’t you know that’s not allowed on Gopherhole! ;)

this was a team loss...1st half defense...drops by TJ and RB..Kicking game..Schlueter getting torched all game..clock management..coaching decisions..lack of pass rush letting Stanley look like Joe Montana
Poor execution all the way around----2nd half better...still had a chance for game winning drive
sucks and painful...forget about it and kick NW's a$$ next week

Top Bottom