***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT IOWA, FLOYD OF ROSEDALE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Left a win on the table there. Shouldn’t lose often with a yardage edge like that. Wisconsin is likely for the Rose. I think it was a good enough loss that CFP is still alive if the team wins out including OSU

You can't cancel out a live ball and after the play with a change of possession[/QUOT

This gets somewhat technical. The Late hit occurs before the next line to gain is established. The unsportsmanlike penalties are enforced after the next line to gain is established.

So if the late hit carries an auto first down then the offense retains the ball, even though it is a dead ball foul, with a new set of downs.

I have looked and I cannot find a written source that says where a defensive late hit in the NCAA does not result in an automatic first down.

They made the late hit an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. That penalty is enforced after the next line to gain is from the succeeding (next) spot, which is established immediately, or after any in play penalty, which late hits nearly instantaneous to the end of play.

If the defensIve late hit is properly called and enforced, the ball does not turnover. That the penalty becomes UNSPORTSMANLIKE changes how the first penalty is enforced.

The on TV explanation did not address the difference.

++++++++If someone can provide a link to a written authority (ncaa rulebook/casebook, (NFL rulebook may not have the same enforcement.)))++++

If I can get that information, I will gladly track my position. PS I have looked ending in frustration in getting a complete answer.

Now we know just how important Curtis Dunlap is to this team. Dare we say with Dunlap that's a very different game?

Being able to rotate, and flex to an extremely heavy with a guard at TE slot to push a run game, may have allowed for enough differences to move from a loss to a win. Unfortunately, it cannot be known for sure.

You can't cancel out a live ball and after the play with a change of possession[/QUOT

This gets somewhat technical. The Late hit occurs before the next line to gain is established. The unsportsmanlike penalties are enforced after the next line to gain is established.

So if the late hit carries an auto first down then the offense retains the ball, even though it is a dead ball foul, with a new set of downs.

I have looked and I cannot find a written source that says where a defensive late hit in the NCAA does not result in an automatic first down.

They made the late hit an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. That penalty is enforced after the next line to gain is from the succeeding (next) spot, which is established immediately, or after any in play penalty, which late hits nearly instantaneous to the end of play.

If the defensIve late hit is properly called and enforced, the ball does not turnover. That the penalty becomes UNSPORTSMANLIKE changes how the first penalty is enforced.

The on TV explanation did not address the difference.

++++++++If someone can provide a link to a written authority (ncaa rulebook/casebook, (NFL rulebook may not have the same enforcement.)))++++

If I can get that information, I will gladly track my position. PS I have looked ending in frustration in getting a complete answer.

http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/FR17.pdf#page90

(assuming next 2 weeks have no upsets)Beat NW, beat WI, we're in BIG Championship game. Beat tOSU we go to Rose Bowl...Lose to tOSU season records will be as follows

tOSU 13-0
Minn 11-2
Wi 10-2
PSU 10-2
Ia 9-3

Wisco would be 9-3 in this equation with Iowa

This all three of Iowa's losses were by combined 10 points. There not a bad team, Epenessa is a dude, that guy took over the game at the end

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Top Bottom