Possible sign of Gameday for Wisconsin?

PJ's most recent follow on twitter is Chris Falica, better known as "Bear" from Gameday

Last edited:

"Major home improvement supplies company" certainly points to that but even if this is tied to Gameday that just means they are recruiting potential help, not that we're getting it. I wouldn't be surprised if they have staff ready in advance so they are ready when they make their choice. It would mean we're one of the ones they are seriously considering but we could have guessed that already. It seems like there are a clear top 3 and I wouldn't be surprised if they're preparing staff for all 3.

Of those 3, OSU Michigan is probably the least likely because Michigan is already out and it would take a significant upset to knock OSU out of the CFP. Our best bet is if Penn State beats OSU and we win our next 2 so beating Wisconsin puts us 1 win away from the CFP against a team we've already beaten.

Agree that this is a feeler. See what happens tomorrow...Then it's a go.

Ski-U-Mah!

Gophers can't lose heading into that game.
On ESPN's college football podcast two weeks ago, Herbstreit was talking about how difficult it can be to host game day in major cities because there often isn't room for their full setup.

It would help if Minnesota had a plan in place to host them near the stadium with room for all of the fans to attend.
That might require upsetting a tailgate lot, or even an entire street, but I think most people would look the other way for this.

Requires two solid weeks of performance before the fans should even be thinking about it.

Long story short, Game Day scouts locations weeks in advance, but doesn't make a decision until the last possible minute.
This is part of a scouting trip.

Hopefully Minnesota admin is in touch w/ them about location selection, and flexible to their approach.

Last edited:

Gophers can't lose heading into that game.
On ESPN's college football podcast two weeks ago, Herbstreit was talking about how difficult it can be to host game day in major cities because there often isn't room for their full setup.

It would help if Minnesota had a plan in place to host them near the stadium with room for all of the fans to attend.
That might require upsetting a tailgate lot, or even an entire street, but I think most people would look the other way for this.

Requires two solid weeks of performance before the fans should even be thinking about it.

Long story short, Game Day scouts locations weeks in advance, but doesn't make a decision until the last possible minute.
This is part of a scouting trip.

Hopefully Minnesota admin is in touch w/ them about location selection, and flexible to their approach.

Disagree we can’t lose. If anything it would make it more likely we get GameDay because then the game would become the defacto west division championship. If we beat Iowa and NW then we would have already won the west.

Also if we lose to Iowa, we would by no means be eliminated from the CFP as we could still have two top 5 wins and a top 15 win and would be Big Ten Champs so I think we’d still get in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corso will wear a badger head.

I think it's almost a lock that Gameday comes for Minnesota-Wisconsin. Gameday likes to say that they seek out unique storylines and the Gophers have a very real chance to make the CFP. Could you imagine if the University of Minnesota, of all schools, made the CFP (or even somehow won it) and Gameday didn't go to a single game they played that year?

Please stop. Beat Iowa is all that matters in life

If we’re 11-0 or 10-1 I’d say Gameday is a lock.

11-0 and it’s a top 5 vs top 10 game with us being the nationwide story.

10-1 and it’s a top 10 matchup to settle the big ten west which will be the most meaningful game that week by far.

Last edited:

I think the only thing that would ruin the chances would be both a Wisconsin and 1 Minnesota loss. We win the next 2, and how can you pass up Minnesota(?!?!?) going for 12-0? Wisconsin wins out, and it's for the West no matter what happens at Iowa or Northwestern. But if Wisconsin loses 1 and we go 1-1, it isn't for the West or the undefeated season. Not as exciting

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Nice!

Could be for a show other than GameDay? But not sure if that makes sense

I don't think our next two games matter regarding the impact of Gameday.
The more we lose over the next two games the more that game will matter to win the West.

Hopefully we clinch tomorrow.

Incorrect. If we beat Iowa and Northwestern, we clinch the division.
True, I meant if they win out and we lose. If we beat Iowa and NW then I think Gameday would be here to see if the gophers go 12-0, no matter what Wisconsin does

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Either we're 11-0 and gunning for a playoff spot OR we're playing Wisconsin for the Big Ten West. Either would be an attractive story for Gameday.

The loss to Iowa’s seemingly makes Gameday coming here more likely.

It's going to be either this game or the Iron Bowl. Since Bama already aced us out once and OSU's on the prior week it leaves the other "Big Ten Semifinal" the following week as the likely pick. It's a big game and lots of storylines behind the most played rivalry, the Axe, Minnesota's first time, etc.

All losing to Iowa meant was a loss. I'm not sure it changed much about the Axe game, the Rose Bowl, West Title, or even the CFP.

It's going to be either this game or the Iron Bowl. Since Bama already aced us out once and OSU's on the prior week it leaves the other "Big Ten Semifinal" the following week as the likely pick. It's a big game and lots of storylines behind the most played rivalry, the Axe, Minnesota's first time, etc.

All losing to Iowa meant was a loss. I'm not sure it changed much about the Axe game, the Rose Bowl, West Title, or even the CFP.

Auburn losing to UGA and now being a 3 loss team and Tua's injury certainly help our cause.

Ya as long as we best Northwestern the axe game still has a ton at stake beyond a B1G west title.

We're setting up a checkpoint on 94 at the border to stop Badger fans from entering our state.

Good idea, but it's too bad that some of them already call the Twin Cities their home.

Well, it made it so that the Gophers couldn't win the West division *this* week, with a win over NW.

So actually, as others have brought up, it adds some more sizzle to the matchup. Better TV storyline, though the Axe game itself is one of the best rivalries in all of college football. (just hasn't played that way on the field over the span of the past several years ...)

Last edited:

Auburn losing to UGA and now being a 3 loss team and Tua's injury certainly help our cause.

I agree.

Auburn fans will cry that their game is more important and a matchup of better teams, and that they haven't been on GameDay since 2017. But they've been on 20 times, and the Iron Bowl has had 7 times itself (the last being in 2017, the last time Auburn was on, and it was at Auburn).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_GameDay_(football_TV_program)#Locations

Top Bottom