Week 12 Games - Who You Rooting For?

Yah-E

Bulieve
Reaction score
Call me wishful but here are my picks!

IND @ PSU - IND (want to expose PSU and maybe they're still in their hangover)
WIS @ NEB - NEB (BADgers loose, we win, we clinch the WEST)
MSU @ MICH - MSU (Hate Michigan with a passion)
WF @ CLEM - WF (Knock off Clemson with our W with Iowa, we'd be in top 4)
UGA @ AUB - AUB (Want UGA out of the conversation of top 4)
OU @ BAYLOR - OU (Tired of us being compared to Baylor's undefeated season)
UCLA @ UTAH - UCLA (Get these PAC-12 team out of the CFP conversations)
AZ @ OREGON - AZ (Same reason as above with UTAH)

MINN @ IOWA - MINN (RTFB!!!)

Last edited:

There's other games this week?

IND @ PSU - IND
WIS @ NEB - NEB
MSU @ MICH - MSU
WF @ CLEM - WF
GEOR @ AUB - AUB
OU @ BAYLOR - OU
UCLA @ UTAH - UCLA
AZ @ OREGON - AZ

MINN @ IOWA - MINN

IND @ PSU - we don't want our signature win getting the shine knocked off it right away, especially when they play OSU next week - Go PSU
WIS @ NEB - NEB every year unless it is a two team race between NEB and the Gophers
MSU @ MICH - MSU would be entertaining but I don't really care much either way
WF @ CLEM - WF 1000%
GEOG @ AUB - Rooting for AUB, but won't be shocked when AUB jumps us for the signature win because of standard SEC BS
OU @ BAY - Rooting for Baylor, they deserve more respect
UCLA @ UTAH - UCLA
AZ @ ORE - Rooting for AZ, but it isn't gonna happen

We want Penn State to beat Indiana! A loss there and PSU drops to about 16th in the rankings then if Iowa drops out due to our beating them by 20 the committee will say "Well MN's only good win was a close call at home against the 16th ranked team."

IND @ PSU - PSU
WIS @ NEB - NEB
MSU @ MICH - Don't care
WF @ CLEM - WF
UGA @ AUB - AUB
OU @ BAYLOR - OU
UCLA @ UTAH - UCLA
AZ @ OREGON - AZ
MN @ IA - MN

I'm rooting for New Mexico State (0-9) over Incarnate Word (5-5, FCS). According to Sagarin, New Mexico State should be favored by 7.
Bemidji State over Minot State in the Beaver Bash.
Minnesota-Crookston (0-10) vs Mary (1-9). Crookston hasn't won more than 1 game in a season since 2013.

Got to root for Nebraska, if Wisconsin loses, the Gophers nearly have the division clinched.

We want Penn State to beat Indiana! A loss there and PSU drops to about 16th in the rankings then if Iowa drops out due to our beating them by 20 the committee will say "Well MN's only good win was a close call at home against the 16th ranked team."

True, but if we continue to win out, all of our previous opponent rankings would be moo point. If we have a one loss, then our previous opponents' ranking is more relevant.

Gophers! (obviously)
Nebraska (vs Wisconsin) - Gophers could clinch the West tomorrow with a Badger loss
Oregon (vs Arizona) - Would love to face them in the Rose Bowl if that's where we end up
Auburn (vs Georgia) - Make it more difficult for a second SEC team to sneak into the playoffs
Wake Forest (vs Clemson) - Why not?
Oklahoma (vs Baylor) - The less undefeated teams left, the better for us

True, but if we continue to win out, all of our previous opponent rankings would be moo point. If we have a one loss, then our previous opponents' ranking is more relevant.

What is a moo point?

Rooting for Georgia because I want the Iron Bowl knocked down for GameDay.

With a win, I then expect us to be #6, behind Bama and Uga.

Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (you'll see them as Chick-Fil-A models)

In other words, better looking than Iowa models.

The Baptists?? Come on! Get that Protestant nonsense outta here! :cool:

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/vnOQdGt1ILQEo" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/miramax-fight-hats-vnOQdGt1ILQEo">via GIPHY</a></p>

Then may the Christian Lord, guide my hand, against your Roman popery! :p

We need to take care of our own business, but the Nebraska Wisconsin game intrigues me....

Non-scholarship DI doesn’t count for bowl eligibility, so that’s why you never see P5 teams playing Pioneer or Ivy League schools.

So I’m afraid that won’t happen, unless ST decides to go scholarship FCS, but that would be a very expensive proposition for them and I don’t think they want to go that route.

IND @ PSU - PSU (want PSU to look impressive as ever)
WIS @ NEB - NEB (want to clinch the WEST)
MSU @ MICH - MSU (Prefer MSU. Would be funny for Michigan to lose, but Michigan should win by 30)
WF @ CLEM - WF (Anything that throws a wrench in ACC or SEC teams getting in the CFP, I'm all for)
UGA @ AUB - AUB (UGA shouldn't be in the top 4 and Auburn beating them would be nice, but not by a lot)
OU @ BAYLOR - Draw. I think if OU wins, they'll get some jump, so I almost prefer Baylor. We need PSU to keep looking better than OU then)
UCLA @ UTAH - UCLA (Get these PAC-12 team out of the CFP conversations)
AZ @ OREGON - AZ (Same reason as above with UTAH. (AZ will get crushed I am afraid))

MINN @ IOWA - MINN (RTFB!!!)

I'm also rooting for Fresno St tonight.

IND @ PSU - Want Indiana, but SOS is better if PSU wins.
WIS @ NEB - Meteor again, but hit Wisconsin sidelines first.
MSU @ MICH - Hate Michigan and crybaby khaki diarrhea pants. Yes I'm being childish.
WF @ CLEM - Wake
UGA @ AUB - Auburn because they are irrelevant in the CFP conversation now and would like Georgia to be also.
OU @ BAYLOR - Never liked OU except for Adrian Peterson, so Baylor.
UCLA @ UTAH - Always hated the uppity UCLA clowns. If Minnesota takes care of business, Utah/Oregon will be in the rear view mirror.
AZ @ OREGON - Freshman year of college was Arizona with Dick Tomey as coach. So the fighting Tomeys take it.

Nebraska turns a Jonathan Taylor fumble into a touchdown drive. Up 7-0. We may clinch this week.

Ick. Sadly one team has to win these days, so reluctantly I agree.

I thought St. Thomas has an unfair advantage and is unbeatable? Why bother predicting a loss?

Top Bottom