***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT UTAH IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

The gap on the scoreboard has closed considerably, but wow was that an ugly half of baskeball from the Gophers. Oturu continues to be fantastic, it's truly mind boggling that he can be the best player on the floor by a wide margin and everything around him can still look so terrible on both ends. Imagine what happens when this team faces a talented big and/or Daniel gets in foul trouble?

I will definitely make a thread on this if the Gophers lose this game, but for anyone who doesn't know Utah starts 2 Freshman and 3 Sophomores and their entire bench is almost exclusively Freshman. The only upper classmen on the roster is a Senior (who might be a walk on as he never plays) and a Juco transfer Junior who is new to the team. Any excuses about the Gophers "learning" or whatever BS are completely out the door for this one (and really should be for almost every game with 4 guys in the starting lineup who were here last year and have all started 20 plus power 5 basketball games).

Alihan Demir got a quick hook in his second stint after missing a wide open 3 and then allowing a transtion post up layup on the other end. I'll be interested to see if he gets back in the game. Michael Hurt had his typical nothing performance in his minutes on the court (why was we brought back again?) and Jarvis Omersa was on the floor for most of the ridiculous 16-0 start to the game. Ihnen made a 3 and might be the only hope for anything resembling production from the 4 spot tonight.

Hard to argue with any of these points. Our quality at the SF/PF position is simply not high D1. A healthy Curry was the best hope, but now its on Ihnen.

Within 1. 5 for Demir to open the half.

Utah fans are more quiet than gopher fans. I didn’t think that was possible.

Utah fans are more quiet than gopher fans. I didn’t think that was possible.

Minnesotans are polite but they have nothing on Mormons. It also appears a lot of them are dressed as empty seats.

Pitino better be praying hard about next Wednesday...if that goes the wrong way, he only has the results of this team to hang his hat on.

Pitino won't be landing anyone he really, really wants on Wednesday.

As silly as it sounds to say, it almost looks like Demir is aiming his layups too high.

Multiple chances to take the lead and the offense goes to stupid mode. Where is Oturu?

Pitino won't be landing anyone he really, really wants on Wednesday.

I know it's unlikely. It's going to be hard to sit through another brutal season if the "the future" is the two kids we have signed less Oturu.

And back to a 10 point game. Pathetic.

The offense goes through multiple 5 minute stretches every game where it is completely inept.

How many times Carr gonna ignore Oturu coming off the ball screen before Pitino says something? My God.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Same thing last year, so it's not just Carr.

Don't look now, but I'm pretty sure Demir is outscoring Gabe with 7:45 to go.

I know it's unlikely. It's going to be hard to sit through another brutal season if the "the future" is the two kids we have signed less Oturu.

Oh it's going to be brutal. The roster is an absolute mess. No Power Forwards. No PG's. No Center if Oturu leaves. Plenty of wings.

Let's go! Down one! Gotta say, this team is frustrating but they don't quit. They continue to play hard.

I've seen enough Carr. Start Wills, Gabe and Williams.

Carr single-handedly losing the game.

The Utah guys foot was on the line

Have to give him some credit for drawing as many fouls as he has been. If Utah has some foul trouble in the final minutes, that stretch will have been crucial.

Terrible offensive set out of a timeout Richard.

Demir is awful going to the rim. Awful

Top Bottom