***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT UTAH IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Well this three game stretch is not off to a good start, but a win tonight on the road at a P5 team would be a good way to cap off the trip and an important game for the Gophers. We have to cut down on turnovers and someone other than Oturu needs to play big boy basketball.

Minnesota vs Utah, there's a chance this isn't the last time these two schools meet this winter, but next time it may be under the SoCal sun.

Until then: GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last I heard, Rick Majerus will not be coaching tonite. I also know Billy McGill, Keith Van Horn, and Andre Miller will not be in uniform in the Jon M. Huntsman center. Gophers pull out a much needed win in Salt Lake City 67-64.

Omersa is starting

My God, this may be the worst gopher team I’ve seen! 16-0 less than 4 minutes in.

The only reason to keep Pitino rests with a young man named Dawson

Checking in late, is it worth using a free trial on this game?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I continue to not know what they think they're going to get out of Omersa.

Just following the box score...see Gabe is giving us a big boost again. [emoji849]

Ihnen hits a top of the key 3 pointer, taken out soon after. I have a feeling that Utah's altitude won't be helping him tonight...Single digits

Just following the box score...see Gabe is giving us a big boost again. [emoji849]

It’s shocking how bad he is right now. At everything. WTF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So are we a WORSE 3 point shooting team than last year? This is mind-boggling. Allegedly “good shooters” are wide open and can’t make a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many times Carr gonna ignore Oturu coming off the ball screen before Pitino says something? My God.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Gabe is not going to keep shooting the ball like this for long. Somebody is going to pay- I hope it is Utah in the second half. He needs to be solid every night for this team to compete. Good comback after the horrid start...

Good finish to the half. Guys are fighting and cut the lead to just 6. The game is there to take. Really like Ihnen so far. At least a lot more than Demir.

6 points and momentum. Let’s go!

How many times Carr gonna ignore Oturu coming off the ball screen before Pitino says something? My God.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

He's missed him half a dozen times. Meanwhile he goes to the hoop like a bull and gets a charge. I'm ready to give Greenlee a look.

The gap on the scoreboard has closed considerably, but wow was that an ugly half of baskeball from the Gophers. Oturu continues to be fantastic, it's truly mind boggling that he can be the best player on the floor by a wide margin and everything around him can still look so terrible on both ends. Imagine what happens when this team faces a talented big and/or Daniel gets in foul trouble?

I will definitely make a thread on this if the Gophers lose this game, but for anyone who doesn't know Utah starts 2 Freshman and 3 Sophomores and their entire bench is almost exclusively Freshman. The only upper classmen on the roster is a Senior (who might be a walk on as he never plays) and a Juco transfer Junior who is new to the team. Any excuses about the Gophers "learning" or whatever BS are completely out the door for this one (and really should be for almost every game with 4 guys in the starting lineup who were here last year and have all started 20 plus power 5 basketball games).

Alihan Demir got a quick hook in his second stint after missing a wide open 3 and then allowing a transtion post up layup on the other end. I'll be interested to see if he gets back in the game. Michael Hurt had his typical nothing performance in his minutes on the court (why was we brought back again?) and Jarvis Omersa was on the floor for most of the ridiculous 16-0 start to the game. Ihnen made a 3 and might be the only hope for anything resembling production from the 4 spot tonight.

The first 10 minutes were reminiscent of the 2015-2016 team AFTER all the guards got suspended. This offense outside of Oturu is absolutely brutal. Ihnen has shown more in 2 minutes than Demir/Hurt/Omersa combined in 3 games.

Pitino better be praying hard about next Wednesday...if that goes the wrong way, he only has the results of this team to hang his hat on.

I can't believe my eyes seeing the 3pt attempts at 18.... omg....

I remember when Westbrook talked about one game that the team took 23 and had the same conversion rate for an ENTIRE game and he admitted that was way too much..

Gabe is not going to keep shooting the ball like this for long. Somebody is going to pay- I hope it is Utah in the second half. He needs to be solid every night for this team to compete. Good comback after the horrid start...

He's going to have to do that and then some. He needs to evolve beyond a catch-and-shoot player since defenses are focusing on this aspect of his game. Gabe is struggling as he adjusts.

Top Bottom