Game of the century tomorrow! 11am!

Surprised Gameday didn't go there.

Northwestern is going to win. The Wildcats are 41 point favorites and are an underachieving team having a bad season. They are not historically bad like that UMass team which is giving up 53 points per game to the opposition. It ties into the Gophers because we go there the week after and instead of facing a totally demoralized and disinterested Wildcats team, we're going to face them after what should be a big win when they have some spring back in their step.

Remember our 2010 season. We started by struggling to win at Middle Tennessee and then lost 9 games in a row with Tim Brewster getting fired along the way. In the second to last game we upset a bowl bound Illinois in Champaign. With some confidence back and finally having fun, we got our first home win of the season in the finale by beating #24 Iowa in a game the Hawkeyes were favored to win by 15.5. This doesn't mean that a Gopher loss in Evanston is likely, but it's certainly possible. Nothing about the Northwestern game should be taken for granted.

Northwestern is going to win. The Wildcats are 41 point favorites and are an underachieving team having a bad season. They are not historically bad like that UMass team which is giving up 53 points per game to the opposition. It ties into the Gophers because we go there the week after and instead of facing a totally demoralized and disinterested Wildcats team, we're going to face them after what should be a big win when they have some spring back in their step.

Remember our 2010 season. We started by struggling to win at Middle Tennessee and then lost 9 games in a row with Tim Brewster getting fired along the way. In the second to last game we upset a bowl bound Illinois in Champaign. With some confidence back and finally having fun, we got our first home win of the season in the finale by beating #24 Iowa in a game the Hawkeyes were favored to win by 15.5. This doesn't mean that a Gopher loss in Evanston is likely, but it's certainly possible. Nothing about the Northwestern game should be taken for granted.

Nothing should ever be taken for granted, especially in the Big Ten.

Having said that - Northwestern's offense is historically bad. With the skill we have on offense it would seem highly unlikely that Northwestern would be able to keep up with us at all this year. Anything can happen though and we will have to play well to win there, if we do it shouldn't be close, if we don't....

While a loss in Evanston is possible, it would be similar in perception to when Wisconsin lost in Champagne. Gophers are likely 25ish point favorites heading into the game next week.

Yeah I would say this is the resistable force against the moveable object game, but Northwestern will likely get 50+ on these guys. Rutgers got 48 and won by 4 TD. UMass is historically bad while Northwestern is an OK team in a strong conference with a tough schedule and someone has to lose games.

Northwestern's defense isn't horrible but I can't see them putting up points to win the game against us. I've watched enough of them this year and its been very hard to watch.

The Northwestern game is the definition of a trap game. It will be very tempting to look forward to Wisconsin. Of course, just because a trap exists doesn't mean that you're going to step your foot into the trap. I have to imagine Fleck will make sure the team understands this and that they are properly motivated. I'm not sweating over the game, but you do have to take every opponent seriously. Northwester would love to play spoiler.

I'm surprised NW is favored by that much. I know UMass is historically bad but I'm not sure NW can score 41.

Are people actually thinking the game at NW could be a loss? Come on, I’d say SDSU stood a way better shot at beating us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are people actually thinking the game at NW could be a loss? Come on, I’d say SDSU stood a way better shot at beating us

Will beat us? Probably not. Could beat us? That is definitely a legitimate possibility. As bad and demoralized as Northwestern has been, we will get them coming off their first win since mid September and most of these players were on the Big Ten West title winning team from last season. The Gophers have plenty of reasons to take this game very seriously.

We make fun of bad teams now?
My memory is better than that.

Top Bottom