Gophers Memorabilia

BilldGopher

Section 211
Reaction score
Just received a piece of Minnesota Football memorabilia that was probably common at one time.

CIMG5676.jpg

It's a cast iron, copper plated and painted, Memorial Stadium ashtray.

Really pleased with this one. Haven't seen one of these before.

Just received a piece of Minnesota Football memorabilia that was probably common at one time.

View attachment 6521

It's a cast iron, copper plated and painted, Memorial Stadium ashtray.

Really pleased with this one. Haven't seen one of these before.

Saw this once before. Cost a ton. Hope you got a good deal.

I've got a ticket from our 1962 Rose Bowl game. I've got much more...but I thought that this was most relevant considering where Coach Fleck has the team right now. I think the Rose Bowl is our floor!!!!
b633eeae605e5654d5e1fca1faab3ffe.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Saw this once before. Cost a ton. Hope you got a good deal.

Got it as a birthday gift. Not to besmirk my friend's generosity but i don't think it cost very much...which makes it even better since it has been out there for big bucks at least once.

I'm guessing this ashtray has many gameday stories. Imagine a lot of "stress and/or joy-related butts" ended up there back in the glory days.

I've got a ticket from our 1962 Rose Bowl game. I've got much more...but I thought that this was most relevant considering where Coach Fleck has the team right now. I think the Rose Bowl is our floor!!!!
b633eeae605e5654d5e1fca1faab3ffe.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

FANTASTIC!

That ashtray was made by students in the shops in the basement of the Mechanical Engineering building. I have two of them that I made myself, around 1976-77.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Great Otter. Thanks for the backstory. Not as old as I thought but still Gophers history.

Yours could be a lot older Bild, those shops had been there a long time. We were told students worked there on some government projects during WWII.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Top Bottom