Souhan: Gophers talent would not have looked out of place vs LSU/Alabama

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Souhan:

In a game that started on Saturday morning, the Gophers beat Penn State. In a game that started on Saturday afternoon, the LSU Tigers defeated Alabama. While LSU and Alabama clearly have more depth of talent than perhaps any other college programs, the Gophers’ best would not have looked out of place in that game.

Tanner Morgan is not the NFL prospect that Tua Tagovailoa or Joe Burrow is, but neither of them could have played much better than Morgan did on Saturday. Tyler Johnson and Rashod Bateman would have looked at home among the sleek athletes at Bryant-Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa.

Antoine Winfield Jr. is one of the best players in the country. It’s obvious that Winfield has learned from his father’s savvy, while building a football body that his lean-and-light father could only have dreamed of.

http://www.startribune.com/tough-to...-team-has-its-share-of-true-talent/564962632/

Go Gophers!!

Bold statement there, unsupported by evidence or recent history of BIG10 v SEC matchups.

The B1G and SEC are 5-5 since 2017.

In recent matchups of top teams in both conferences, there's this: OSU blown out by Florida and LSU in 2006, 07 national championship games. Michigan routed by Alabama in 2012, 41-14, and it seems to me Wisconsin lost big to Alabama not long ago, but I can't find that via GOOGLE.

Overall History: SEC 89 wins, BIG10 62. Bowl game matchups, SEC-51, BIG10-30.

In recent matchups of top teams in both conferences, there's this: OSU blown out by Florida and LSU in 2006, 07 national championship games. Michigan routed by Alabama in 2012, 41-14, and it seems to me Wisconsin lost big to Alabama not long ago, but I can't find that via GOOGLE.

2006 and 2007 are recent? Go eat some rats, troll

What's that have to do with good players on the gophers matching up with the best in the SEC? That isn't bold and I haven't seen you say one positive thing in any thread. Its not hard to see through you...

Why would something that happened 7+ years ago be relevant when talking about current state of the conferences? Ohio State beat Alabama with their 3rd string QB 4 years ago.

Bob's belief of the facts are tempered by the radon effects to his brain via his basement "apartment" at mom's in Madison.

You're delusional if you think the Gophers are on the same level as Clemson, Alabama and LSU. Check out the 5 star players recruited by them vs. Gophers (zero). And I've said plenty of positive things about the Gophers and Fleck; I just maintain some grip on reality, unlike those claiming parity with the most elite teams.

"The truth is not often a pleasant thing" so go ahead and bury your head in the sand.

You're delusional if you think the Gophers are on the same level as Clemson, Alabama and LSU. Check out the 5 star players recruited by them vs. Gophers (zero). And I've said plenty of positive things about the Gophers and Fleck; I just maintain some grip on reality, unlike those claiming parity with the most elite teams.

"The truth is not often a pleasant thing" so go ahead and bury your head in the sand.

Your point is valid. The stat you chose to roll with was stupid. The ridicule is deserved.

Top Bottom