Fleck's Shoes

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Elite. Saw the gold ones during his locker room leap after the game. Does he change them up every game? Wonder where you get a pair of shoes like that.

This came up on an earlier edition of the PJ Fleck show this season. Apparently a gameday decision each week.

Those are customized for him. I think the U can make some money by making them available to the public. Most will probably buy it as a memento especially if the Gophers win a title.

I would.

Heard his new contract includes $50,000 worth of Nike gear. He can buy a few shoes with that $.

Elite. Saw the gold ones during his locker room leap after the game. Does he change them up every game? Wonder where you get a pair of shoes like that.

Don't think he had shoes on for the body surf leap.

Don't think he had shoes on for the body surf leap.

Earlier this year on the PJ Fleck show, PJ says the players go for his shoes and steal them every time. He eventually gets them back, but they grab them during the body surf.

I at one point believe I heard that the shoes are white and custom painted by someone each week. I'm not sure on this however if painting shoes is a thing.

i heard that the players try to steal his shoes when he does the surfing and then keep them as mementos of the game or do something with them. I hope that they use them for some sort of Well Done gift like a game ball but rather the coaches shoe! one on offense one on defense

There is definitely marketing potential there.

I at one point believe I heard that the shoes are white and custom painted by someone each week. I'm not sure on this however if painting shoes is a thing.

Probably painted by the few team members that aren’t assigned to uniform design for the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember Tanner being asked what happens to Fleck's shoes in one of the post game interviews, and his response was something along the lines of: "I know Sam got one of them, so that's going on his mantle for the rest of his life. No idea where the other one ended up."

His shoes are custom hand painted. Winning will get us Gopher Nike additions.

Ski-U-Mah!

Top Bottom