Fleck contract extension is now official

dpodoll68

Elite Poster
Reaction score
https://t.co/VpGo9dZZyd?amp=1

The University of Minnesota Board of Regents held a special meeting Thursday morning to approve the Gophers football coach’s contract and did so in swift order. Four Regents were present in the board’s chamber, with seven others and University President Joan Gabel joining via conference call.

The Regents repeatedly praised Fleck’s coaching acumen, and when a vote was taken, there was no audible opposition to the contracts’s approval.

giphy.gif

If we make CFP, or do the unthinkable, and win it all, would they rip up that contract, and give him another raise, in exchange for a larger buyout in years 2-7? Or, do we need to see more....

Fastest I've seen a U contract get done. I work in a program that works with the U and it never gets done this fast. Takes forever usually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take care of the coaching staff. Lock them long term.

https://t.co/VpGo9dZZyd?amp=1

The University of Minnesota Board of Regents held a special meeting Thursday morning to approve the Gophers football coach’s contract and did so in swift order. Four Regents were present in the board’s chamber, with seven others and University President Joan Gabel joining via conference call.

The Regents repeatedly praised Fleck’s coaching acumen, and when a vote was taken, there was no audible opposition to the contracts’s approval.

There was some talk on board from other schools that want Fleck, that the contract hadn't been actually signed and that they should go after him quick before it actually becomes legal. They were right, they should have, too late now.

I'm having fun on comment section with all the people angry

PAY TEACHERS
THEY'LL HAVE TO RAISE TUITION

Anyone know the details: how much per year, how many years, and most importantly the buyout Fleck would have to pay to leave early.

I might be gullible, but I actually believe Fleck when he says he wants to be here and make the U of MN great in football again. I don't think he'd want to go to Florida State or Arkansas, regardless of the money. At some point, multi-millions is multi-millions. He's got his financial picture locked away, and now he just wants to own MN football for a generation, which is great. I've heard tv commentators talk about how he could never sustain great teams here because of the location. They say he won't be able to draw recruits like other great teams can. Good grief, have these people ever looked at a map? I'm pretty sure the states of Wisconsin and Iowa are nearby, and those teams have done pretty well for themselves over time. I think Fleck would be quite happy creating a "Fleck Era" for the University of Minnesota that is characterized by regular appearances in top tier bowls and occasional chances at national championships.

PAY TEACHERS

I mean people are THAT dumb, it drives me nuts. Sometimes I think, "and their vote counts the same as mine".?.? Scary.

PAY TEACHERS

The greedy SOB should have gotten some extra money for his staff, too.

The greedy SOB should have gotten some extra money for his staff, too.

How dare anyone negotiate a raise. Remember that all of you too, just be content with what you have.

Top Bottom