Who is the most hated of Gopher opponents?

Most hated Gopher opponent is

• Iowa

Votes: 20 12.6%
  • Wisconsin

Votes: 125 78.6%
  • Michigan

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Purdue

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nebraska

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Penn State

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • North Dakota (Hockey fans)

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Michigan State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Georgia Southern

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters

Gophers hate and fear eagles and horned owls, and HAWKS whose sharp EYES spot them from afar, then swoop down to catch them, and the rest isn't pretty.

Last edited:

I live in Wisc and dislike both the Badgers and Packers. Why? Mainly because many of their fans are extremely arrogant, jerks, boisterous, crude, disrespectful and way over the top. I can't think of any more adjectives but you get my drift.

Going to Iowa City over the years has always been a good experience once you ignore a drunk or two. The fans for the most part have been engaging. Madison is totally different as you have to be constantly on your guard. I have never had a cordial discussion with a Badger fan in Madison. We just keep walking to and from the stadium and keep our mouths shut.

Don't forget drunk and stupid. Wisconsin by far mist hated fan base.

I grew up in Winona. It’s s Wisconsin with Iowa a close second.

Gophers hate and fear eagles and horned owls, and HAWKS whose sharp EYES spot them from afar, then swoop down to catch them, and the rest isn't pretty.

Sadly that didn't work 5 weeks ago:cool:

Well we should have been first at something. I'm glad for the Gophers and GSU pride that the GSU student section did not attend our game!

Wisconsin
Iowa
Nebraska

I grew up in Winona. It’s s Wisconsin with Iowa a close second.

I HAVE A STORY ABOUT GSU vs App State game that makes anything you say about any opponent you have played look like child's play.

WANT TO HEAR IT AND COMPAIR? SURE YOU DO! We can even set up a poll on it!

I HAVE A STORY ABOUT GSU vs App State game that makes anything you say about any opponent you have played look like child's play.

WANT TO HEAR IT AND COMPAIR? SURE YOU DO! We can even set up a poll on it!

You’ve got my attention.

OK, it’s more clear now. You’re a Hawkeye fan. Am I right?

1. Michigan: Oh, how I hate them. I hate them so much, with their ugly blue and yellow uniforms, their stupid helmets, their smelly index fingers that they raise in the air, exposing their rotten, moth-eaten underarms. I hate that Michigan has the greatest traveling trophy in sports, the Little Brown Jug. And I hate that these eastern elitists have beaten the Gophers so much over the years.

2. Wisconsin: These insipid counterfeit Minnesotans are like a bogus twenty dollar bill. It's supposed to fool you, but it doesn't because it's just slightly wrong in every way. Likewise, the state that's a little too small, with too few lakes, their hills are too short, and its inhabitants are all just a little off. Their eyebrows are too thin, their eyes are too close together, their fingers are too short and their toes are too long. And they talk funny.

3. Iowa: A mix of pity and contempt. Who can say which is stronger? Their small, flat, ugly, smelly state produces 'people' who are just...subpar. The awful part is that they walk around and grunt their monosyllables and they think that they're real people. I maybe wouldn't mind having an Iowan for a pet, but I would not tolerate their ugly butt licking habit or their indiscriminate drunken lovemaking.

1. Michigan: Oh, how I hate them. I hate them so much, with their ugly blue and yellow uniforms, their stupid helmets, their smelly index fingers that they raise in the air, exposing their rotten, moth-eaten underarms. I hate that Michigan has the greatest traveling trophy in sports, the Little Brown Jug. And I hate that these eastern elitists have beaten the Gophers so much over the years.

2. Wisconsin: These insipid counterfeit Minnesotans are like a bogus twenty dollar bill. It's supposed to fool you, but it doesn't because it's just slightly wrong in every way. Likewise, the state that's a little too small, with too few lakes, their hills are too short, and its inhabitants are all just a little off. Their eyebrows are too thin, their eyes are too close together, their fingers are too short and their toes are too long. And they talk funny.

3. Iowa: A mix of pity and contempt. Who can say which is stronger? Their small, flat, ugly, smelly state produces 'people' who are just...subpar. The awful part is that they walk around and grunt their monosyllables and they think that they're real people. I maybe wouldn't mind having an Iowan for a pet, but I would not tolerate their ugly butt licking habit or their indiscriminate drunken lovemaking.

The funniest thing I've read in a long time. Now every time I hear about these states I'll think of this. The bad thing is I'll just start laughing out loud in a group of people and they won't know why (hopefully it's not in church). Oh well, it's worth it.

Best post in a long time. :clap:

Wisconsin and it's not even close. Their fans are the worst.

Carl Spackler, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How can you not vote the wisky d^<€ vadgers???? How? Particularly when they had that fat slob bertha bielema as their head coach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

__________ Bucky is #1 in all sports. I have 3 younger family members who went there, which is a source of great shame and means I have been constantly reminded over the years of Bucky's recent dominance on the gridiron.

In hockey I regard ND as a respected rival. And I cannot think of the F'awks without fondly recalling Ballard pulling the jersey over the head of a fallen Whoix and skating off. Recently Penn St is an easy hockey team to hate.

I live in Wisc and dislike both the Badgers and Packers. Why? Mainly because many of their fans are extremely arrogant, jerks, boisterous, crude, disrespectful and way over the top. I can't think of any more adjectives but you get my drift.

Going to Iowa City over the years has always been a good experience once you ignore a drunk or two. The fans for the most part have been engaging. Madison is totally different as you have to be constantly on your guard. I have never had a cordial discussion with a Badger fan in Madison. We just keep walking to and from the stadium and keep our mouths shut.

Spot on. We must have been at the same games. However, been to Vikes/Pack about a half dozen times and had nothing but great experiences, people have been cool. Not so in Madison.

For me, it's Nebraska. I will never forget that 84-13 pasting the saintly Dr. Tom put on a hapless Gopher team in 1983. I was there.

OK, it’s more clear now. You’re a Hawkeye fan. Am I right?

Nope, not unless they're playing out of conference, especially vs SEC. Im a Gopher fan all the way. I take flights of fancy now and then, e.g. that post re. sharp-eyed Hawks swooping down to capture unwary Gophers (the little critters).

The funniest thing I've read in a long time. Now every time I hear about these states I'll think of this. The bad thing is I'll just start laughing out loud in a group of people and they won't know why (hopefully it's not in church). Oh well, it's worth it.

Hate can be a funny thing sometimes.

I still remember the Gophers losing to the Cornhuskers 72-0--or was it 84-0?-- lo these many years ago ( 70s-80s) and enjoy a little belated revenge now when we soundly beat Neb., though not by 72-0.

But I'm too old to hate anyone or any football team; it'd raise my blood pressure and I might have a stroke and die.

Iowa is so terrible that there is a certain poster who’s name is bleeped out on this board.

Top Bottom