If We Do Go To The Rose Bowl

mjfelton15

Banned
Reaction score
If we get there, I think it would be insanely cool if we went with throwbacks to the uniforms the Gophers wore in their 1962 Rose Bowl win over UCLA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it would. They should run a few lots and sell them to fans as well.

I will riot and storm their field with a win

That would be pretty cool! But you know.....FULL BANANA!

I know it's not fashionable to quote Louis CK anymore, but if they did that, I'd rip off my asshole, throw it up against the wall, and dive through it into another dimension.

I told my wife that I'm going to the Rose Bowl if the Gophers go. I'd probably have to bring the three of us because they'd want to see the Rose Parade. If I go, I may fly into Las Vegas and drive.

Last edited:

But then 50 years from now we will look back and think those were our current uniforms.
I don't think throwbacks should be worn in Bowl games. (the Rams in Superbowl were cool but they are in uniform limbo).

I love the Gophers throwbacks btw.

Not for me. It's a new era and we should celebrate that. Chrome gold with a simple "M" rose.

Chrome Gold Goldy with a rose in his teeth!

Not for me. It's a new era and we should celebrate that. Chrome gold with a simple "M" rose.

Okay so new plan.

if we look to be the shoe in for the Rose Bowl come the Wisconsin game, I think we should wear the 1962 throwbacks to rub it in Wisconsin’s face that we’re going and they’re not.

Pasadena is roughly a five hour drive from where I live in Scottsdale, AZ. I would probably go if they make the Rose Bowl. I think as I remember making the Rose Bowl was Fleck's vision within 3 years?

I suppose if the Gophers go to the Rose Bowl, they'll be a charter package?

Pasadena is roughly a five hour drive from where I live in Scottsdale, AZ. I would probably go if they make the Rose Bowl. I think as I remember making the Rose Bowl was Fleck's vision within 3 years?

Probably?! Wait!What?

Go Gophers!!

I've already had the conversation with the wife. I'm going

It seems sinful to talk about the Rose Bowl before we have even qualified for the citrus bowl but I'll join in with my dumb questions. All of this is knock on wood and grain of salt type stuff as I do not wish to count my chickens before they hatch. But, as a person that has been a long time season ticket holder, I have yet to attend my first bowl game, and of course not the Rose Bowl. So, how do tickets work? Is everyone on their own or does the University make things simple by selling them in some lottery to season ticket holders first, then to others, etc.?

As someone else mentioned, I think it would be fun to fly into Las Vegas and rent a car for the drive to Pasadena.

It seems sinful to talk about the Rose Bowl before we have even qualified for the citrus bowl but I'll join in with my dumb questions. All of this is knock on wood and grain of salt type stuff as I do not wish to count my chickens before they hatch. But, as a person that has been a long time season ticket holder, I have yet to attend my first bowl game, and of course not the Rose Bowl. So, how do tickets work? Is everyone on their own or does the University make things simple by selling them in some lottery to season ticket holders first, then to others, etc.?

As someone else mentioned, I think it would be fun to fly into Las Vegas and rent a car for the drive to Pasadena.

There would be approx. 10k tickets allotted to Minnesota; and would be distributed based on your "Gopher Score"

I plan on the Vegas to Pasadena trip myself; have a condo in the Summerlin area.

I assume the average Joe can buy tickets from the Rose Bowl itself, as I believe it seats 80k and each school only gets 10k to sell for themselves?

Probably means the StubHub route, as the tickets are guaranteed to sell, so some algorithm will come along and buy the whole stadium a millisecond after they go "on sale to the public".

There would be approx. 10k tickets allotted to Minnesota; and would be distributed based on your "Gopher Score"

I plan on the Vegas to Pasadena trip myself; have a condo in the Summerlin area.

So, my current gopher score rank is in the 6200-6300 range out of 14145. Would I be safe to assume that would qualify to be among the 10,000 Gopher ticket office distributed Rose Bowl allotment, or considering most people would be looking for more than one ticket would I be on my own?

Also, in sniffing around google, it appears the number of tickets allotted to the participating schools varies between 22k and 30K, from what I can find. So, hopefully we are dealing with a much larger number than 10K available directly to minnesota.

Last edited:

Early tickets were sold on Ticketmaster and sold out quickly. Many have already been put on 3rd-party sites at higher prices. The Rose Bowl game has sold out every year since 1947. You're right that each school will get an allotment of roughly 30,000 tickets, which the U will then distribute with priority to current season ticket holders, Gopher score ranks, and an alumni lottery. As a Gopher in Los Angeles that knows they're unlikely to get tickets through the U, I just bought 8 tickets through an online 3rd-party yesterday. I'm not missing this opportunity if it is in my backyard. And if we're not there (because we're in the CFP, clearly), then I'll happily sell them at a higher cost to a fan of some other B1G school. ;)

I'm going no matter what it takes but have enjoyed previous charter packages with passionate Gopher fans,

Just got my tickets from StubHub. Man oh man, is my wallet taking a beating on this one. I still would much rather the Gophs run the table and make the CFP, but if the football gods decide Pasadena be it, I will be in Section 7 with my block M hockey jersey on and a smile from here to there. If the football gods decide something other than Pasadena, then like GoldyPush-Ups stated, some one else will be able to buy them.

StubHub showing tix at $22x each right now. Is that a price where a guy is pretty much assured to get his money back if they don’t go?

StubHub showing tix at $22x each right now. Is that a price where a guy is pretty much assured to get his money back if they don’t go?

That’s before fees, btw.

Cheapest seats on StubHub right now start at $213.00 behind the end zone(numbered bench seating no chair backs). 88 rows(11 lettered rows at the bottom then 77 numbered rows to the top).

That's not a bad idea, buy the tickets just in case and then sell them if the Gophers don't make it. Should break even or come close to it. Does anyone have any idea what a charter package would cost?

Does anyone actually know whether it is 10,000 or is it 30,000 tickets the U gets to sell. That is a huge difference. Please, which is it?

Top Bottom