I see that the Gophers are ranked #8

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
I see that the Gophers are ranked #8 or #5

If the Gophers win out, with a few losses from 5 to 7 you could make #5.

If their are some BIG losses from 4-7 you may & you win out, the Gophers just may make it into the playoffs.

Would that make a lot of P5 teams $h!t in their pants?

Last edited:

For the Gophers to win out, they most likely have to beat the current #2 in the B1G Championship Game, do that they a guaranteed to be in the playoffs. Lose the Championship close ,and things break just right in the SEC, the B1G could have two teams in the final four.

For the Gophers to win out, they most likely have to beat the current #2 in the B1G Championship Game, do that they a guaranteed to be in the playoffs. Lose the Championship close ,and things break just right in the SEC, the B1G could have two teams in the final four.

THen let the Gophers win against #2 in the BIG & lets move on!

THen let the Gophers win against #2 in the BIG & lets move on!

Easier said than done haha. They look unstoppable. I'll be veerrryyy interested in how they play against PSU. As that may give us a realistic guess as to how we will do against them.

Keep posting here TALON ever since you came around life's good on our boat :D

Easier said than done haha. They look unstoppable. I'll be veerrryyy interested in how they play against PSU. As that may give us a realistic guess as to how we will do against them.

They look unstoppable? You mean like Penn. State and your first 3 games.

Gopher fans must believe they will win every game until PROVEN WRONG!

If the Gophers win out, with a few losses from 5 to 7 you could make #5.

If their are some BIG losses from 4-7 you may & you win out, the Gophers just may make it into the playoffs.

Would that make a lot of P5 teams $h!t in their pants?

A 13-0 Big Ten champ is guaranteed to make the playoff. One loss...that’s iffy. We play ranked teams 2 of the next 3 weeks, and hopefully, Ohio State in the Big Ten championship game. Nobody will question strength of schedule or bring up close calls in the non-conference after running that gauntlet.

Are you secretly PJ? Haha. I like your enthusiasm. Always a pleasure when you come around. Thanks for the support.

Are you secretly PJ? Haha. I like your enthusiasm. Always a pleasure when you come around. Thanks for the support.

That would be funny. PJ secretly posting on Gopherhole to alert his team and MN fans all year about the threat of losing to GA Southern.

Funny in a funny way, and funny in a weird way.

Dude, you called the Penn State game and I thought you were nuts! Keep up the good work!

Talon is aces in my book. Friendly, knowledgeable and complimentary of his team. Honestly, the gophers are fortunate to have played 3 well coached non-conference teams that each provided a different challenge. Has made them better for games like penn state.

GSU was maybe the 2nd most unlikely win based on how the game was going (Fresno #1). If I had time this weekend I may go rewatch that 4th quarter as I was at a bar when it happened and missed some stuff I’m sure.

I see one major poll that you jumped Utah and are ranked #7 and Utah #8.

HOW DOES THE NCAA COMMITY NOW PICK THE FINAL 4 or even the top 25 at the end of the season after the Conference championship?

If so, what polls does the NCAA review and do they still use any computer polls or power rankings.

I see one major poll that you jumped Utah and are ranked #7 and Utah #8.

HOW DOES THE NCAA COMMITY NOW PICK THE FINAL 4 or even the top 25 at the end of the season after the Conference championship?

If so, what polls does the NCAA review and do they still use any computer polls or power rankings.

The CFB Playoff committee is the only one who selects the 4 playoff teams, and it happens after the conference championship games.

Talon is aces in my book. Friendly, knowledgeable and complimentary of his team. Honestly, the gophers are fortunate to have played 3 well coached non-conference teams that each provided a different challenge. Has made them better for games like penn state.

GSU was maybe the 2nd most unlikely win based on how the game was going (Fresno #1). If I had time this weekend I may go rewatch that 4th quarter as I was at a bar when it happened and missed some stuff I’m sure.

I I really appreciate the compliment for both GSU and the compliment you gave me. Its a rarity when a P5 team poster does such a thing. Even when we FCS GSU beat Florida I watched their post game show and their players stated that GSU only won because of big plays which was not true, we owned their offense. UofF also didn't explain how our defense shut them down.

GSU lucked up in the Gopher Game. If GSU would have played the Gophers in our 5th game I REALLY dont think I would like the score, I wished GSU could have played the Gophers under Frits running the Shotgun Option or even some of our best Spread Option coaches when GSU was FCS. This is not a slam on your program at all. I just like Fritz if we had to run the Shotgun Option against you or the Flex Option under our better coaches. For the last 4 years we are just not the same GSU of old which bothers & saddens me.

2 weeks ago we beat the #25 ranked team in App. State. Last week TROY State RIPPED US APPART. If our HC does not turn the team around next year I think it may be his last year.

PARTY ON GOPHERS

Your comming very close to your goal of being undefeated and a shot at the playoffs!

Friend of Gopher Football

TALON

Last edited:

The CFB Playoff committee is the only one who selects the 4 playoff teams, and it happens after the conference championship games.

But what do they use to help them in their selection?

Their preconceived biases mostly

Thats what I thought. Thats why I think the Gophers need to win out big and hope #4 drops a game or plays their last few games poorly!

Thats what I thought. Thats why I think the Gophers need to win out big and hope #4 drops a game or plays their last few games poorly!

If the Gophers win out, that means #2 Ohio State loses a game (conference championship), and the Gophers pass them up, unless OSU somehow drops a game before that, which I think is unlikely, even though they still have to play Penn State and Michigan. If the Gophers are 13-0, there will be very little debate. They will be in.

If the Gophers win out, that means #2 Ohio State loses a game (conference championship), and the Gophers pass them up, unless OSU somehow drops a game before that, which I think is unlikely, even though they still have to play Penn State and Michigan. If the Gophers are 13-0, there will be very little debate. They will be in.

GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!

I just don't trust A comity to do whats right for an up and commer!

Their preconceived biases mostly

Thats why I want an 8 team D1 playoff. The top p5 conference winners get an auto bid wit 3 open spots. That takes the top 5 away from the selection comity
out of 5 of the picks!

We are unbeaten since Talon showed up and it's gone beyond just coincidence at this point.

Talon is the vision of positivity we needed to turn the corner!

TALON IS WELCOMED HERE!

Y'all need a Talon appreciation thread or something, this dude is fun.

Top Bottom