Minnesota fans following Gophers to Iowa, but some already planning Rose Bowl trips

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Fox 9:

It's an exciting time for the Gophers and the U of M fan base as the team makes history. Now, the Gophers are hoping to stay undefeated through this weekend.

A lot of fans are hitting the road to cheer on the 9-0 Gophers in Iowa.

Bruce Ruecker had spent too many decades as a suffering Gopher fan to even consider missing out on this.

“I rushed the field with a cane, went down the steps, got tripped on the field, but I had a ball. I sat on the Gopher bench, looked at 10,000 people and I just smiled,” he said.

Ruecker was in a packed house of maroon and gold in Roseville for P.J. Fleck’s weekly radio show.

Now that it’s time to row the boat to Iowa, it will be much different.

“I think the Hawkeye fans will think we have a chance this time. In years past, they mostly just thanked us for coming and giving them a victory most of the time,” said fan Craig Pederson.

After the win over Penn State, ticket prices for Iowa shot up on the second-hand market - in some cases, by triple or more.

“That game was huge for all the people…I think there’s a lot of people going down to Iowa to support the Gophers,” fan Anne Pederson said.

Suddenly, fans who’ve waited for a season like this for so long are looking beyond Iowa to Pasadena, and not afraid to admit it.

“It is feasible; we could be going to the Rose Bowl if things align properly,” fan Paul Portz said.

https://www.fox9.com/news/minnesota...owa-but-some-already-planning-rose-bowl-trips

Go Gophers!!

A lot of people sure want the Gophers to lose so they can go to Pasadena, I guess.

I guess a lot of people are going to have to cancel their plans when we make the playoffs.

I will be thrilled beyond belief when the Gophers go to the CFP! I will be thrilled beyond belief if the Gophers go to the Rose Bowl!

I will be thrilled beyond belief when the Gophers go to the CFP! I will be thrilled beyond belief if the Gophers go to the Rose Bowl!

This! My dream sporting event is the Gophers in the Rose Ball, but I'd be delighted with either

I am not going to Iowa City but I am going to Evanston.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just booked a hotel room for the Rose Bowl.

This! My dream sporting event is the Gophers in the Rose Ball, but I'd be delighted with either

I agree. We already have made hotel reservations for Pasadena, but I will gladly put aside my selfish desires for a national championship. Hope to score tickets through the U. Don't know how, but if necessary, StubHub. $$$$$(general public ticket sale was last September and are sold out).

Last edited:

I agree. We already have made hotel reservations for Pasadena, but I will gladly put aside my selfish desires for a national championship. Hope to score tickets through the U. Don't know how, but if necessary, StubHub. $$$$$(general public ticket sale was last September and are sold out).

Are people finding rooms in Pasadena? If so where? Stub Hub will have lots of tickets from fans of teams who don’t make it. I assume the U will have a lottery for Season Ticket holders.

“I rushed the field with a cane, went down the steps, got tripped on the field, but I had a ball. I sat on the Gopher bench, looked at 10,000 people and I just smiled,” he said.

That right there is SO great...so completely awesome.

Going to Iowa, going to NW. The bowl plans are definitely tripping me up since there's still so many possibilities, but I'm going no matter what this year...cost be d@mned!

Are people finding rooms in Pasadena? If so where? Stub Hub will have lots of tickets from fans of teams who don’t make it. I assume the U will have a lottery for Season Ticket holders.

We found some "reasonable refundable prices" in Glendale and Burbank, but overall, hotels and ticket prices on the secondary market will make this an extremely expensive trip

We found some "reasonable refundable prices" in Glendale and Burbank, but overall, hotels and ticket prices on the secondary market will make this an extremely expensive trip

Glendale and Burbank are close by. Either location has easy access to Pasadena.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had some buddies out to Cali last weekend and we've already started preliminary plans. I live within driving distance, so I'll host a gang at the house and all make our trip. Do remember though to buy your game tickets from a reputable site (like the U ticket office). People scam this stuff all the time.

Do you understand the Gopher point system? Those with the most points will get first pick right down to the last person with any points. After that additional tickets, if any, would be sold to the public. That is my understanding. I for example, have three season tickets with a lot of Gopher points. I will be able to buy one, two or three tickets before most folk.

A lot of people sure want the Gophers to lose so they can go to Pasadena, I guess.

More like a lot of people haven't fully bought in! They believe we can win the West but not get by OSU.

My extended family and I planned a trip out to Pasadena last spring. My dad decided he'd had enough waiting his whole life for the Rose Bowl and decided we're going this year no matter what happens or who plays. We're renting a house in Glendale through AirBnb for all of us. Obviously we had no idea at the time the Gophers would actually be in contention.

I'll be thrilled if the Gophers go 13-0 and make the playoffs even if that means they miss the Rose Bowl.. But if we go 12-1 or 11-2.. you better be sure I'm pulling to see the Gophers in the Rose Bowl in two months!

Top Bottom