Dez Bryant: 'Politics' keeping Gophers behind 1-loss teams in CFP

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Chris:

Minnesota is one of just five undefeated teams in the FBS, but they're slotted 8th in the newest College Football Playoff rankings, which ultimately decide the four teams that reach the national championship playoffs while the rest of the nation's elite play in other prestigious, yet lesser, bowl games.

Count former Dallas Cowboys star wide receiver Dez Bryant among those who think Minnesota got a raw deal when they were ranked 8th in this week's rankings. Despite a record leap of nine spots into the top 10, Bryant says "politics" are keeping the Gophers behind one-loss teams they deserve to be ahead of.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesot...ss-teams-in-college-football-playoff-rankings

Go Gophers!!

I'm just fine where we are. If we beat Iowa, we jump Oregon and Utah.

I’ve always liked Dez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just fine where we are. If we beat Iowa, we jump Oregon and Utah.

Agreed. And if anything but that happens, then we cry foul. There is no basis for keeping Pac12 teams ahead of us when they haven't beaten anyone (and one has a loss to a team with 4 losses).

per Chris:

Minnesota is one of just five undefeated teams in the FBS, but they're slotted 8th in the newest College Football Playoff rankings, which ultimately decide the four teams that reach the national championship playoffs while the rest of the nation's elite play in other prestigious, yet lesser, bowl games.

Count former Dallas Cowboys star wide receiver Dez Bryant among those who think Minnesota got a raw deal when they were ranked 8th in this week's rankings. Despite a record leap of nine spots into the top 10, Bryant says "politics" are keeping the Gophers behind one-loss teams they deserve to be ahead of.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesot...ss-teams-in-college-football-playoff-rankings

Go Gophers!!

Hey geezers in the Smoke Filled room: somebody, anybody - open up the window and let the wrong out....

Dez has always struck me as a real smart guy.

Glad he was able to get the point across.

ESPN had a poll about which 1-loss team should be ranked #4. (Obviously not leaving the zero loss Gophers as a choice).

A series of 50+ replies relied "Minnesota".

It's a scam and a total mockery. The committee is lagging. Last week by 7 spots. This week by 3-4 spots.
Basically whatever we should be ranked, the CFP doubles it and substracts one to provide us our ranking.

Still being disrespected. It’s just not fair.

He’s right as hell. Literally no reason ahead of us

I have no problem with the Gophers sitting behind one-loss teams right now.

Coming into this season, I looked at this schedule and said here that there was a chance the Gophers would go 8-0. It was small, but I thought if they could find a way to sneak past Fresno State then it would definitely be possible.

There are other people here that have been pointing to this season as a real opportunity for Minnesota to do something special even before Fleck got hired.

The Gophers schedule set up perfectly.

Granted, they have done everything they have needed to up to this point, but there's half decent chance that Kill/Claeys could have done the same thing against this schedule.

We still don't know if this team can win against a top 25 game on the road. We still don't know if they can rebound from extremely physical opponents in time for the next week.

When I watch the Gophers, I just don't see a team that's ready to compete with tOSU. I would love to be proven wrong, but I'm still firmly in the "prove it" camp.

Before this season, people here were telling me I was nuts for saying that I would take any O/U below 9 wins. I guess now I think you'll all nuts for expecting 12-0.

I would not be surprised to see this team drop several games over the next month, and I would be very surprised if they managed to win all of them.

Last edited:

I like Dez Bryant sticking up for us. Never a bad thing to have a once great NFL receiver touting your team. He probably likes watching our team with the receivers that we have. But I'm sure that part of it has to do with him being an Oklahoma State guy. He wasn't on the 2011 team at that point...but they were passed by Alabama to play in the National Championship that year. It was a toss-up....but naturally.....they went with the helmet school.

Coming into this season, I looked at this schedule and said here that there was a chance the Gophers would go 8-0. It was small, but I thought if they could find a way to sneak past Fresno State then it would definitely be possible.

There are other people here that have been pointing to this season as a real opportunity for Minnesota to do something special even before Fleck got hired.

Granted, they have done everything they have needed to up to this point, but there's half decent chance that Kill/Claeys could have done the same thing against this schedule.

We still don't know if this team can win against a top 25 game on the road. We still don't know if they can rebound from extremely physical opponents in time for the next week.

When I watch the Gophers, I just don't see a team that's ready to compete with tOSU. I would love to be proven wrong, but I'm still firmly in the "prove it" camp.

Before this season, people here were telling me I was nuts for saying that I would take any O/U below 9 wins. I guess now I think you'll all nuts for expecting 12-0.

I would not be surprised to see this team drop several games over the next month, and I would be very surprised if they managed to win all of them.

Bah. Penn State was the show-me game and they did it. Ohio State would/will be a whole 'nother ballgame, but no reason the Gophers can't win the next 3 and I mostly expect them to.

The CFP is supposed to be about everything but the eye test.

What you, I, or the swingin' dicks on the committee think will happen isn't supposed to matter. It's supposed to be about what has happened...in the 2019 season, by the way, not the 2018 season, or the 1919 season.

And by that criteria, there is zero reason for MN to be behind anyone but LSU and OSU, perhaps Clemson.

Last edited:

Beating Iowa will have very little impact on the committee.

The impact comes from 10-0 vs 9-0.

Double Digit unbeatens get the rankings!

Now go get Floyd!

Go Gophers!!!

Top Bottom