How does Stubhub work for a seller?

Veritas

Banned
Reaction score
What do they get, what does the seller get and what does the price mean for each?

You dictate the price you want to receive. That will be the price listed on the web site or app. During the checkout phase for the buyer, Stub Hub adds their handling fee to the final purchase. You get your money from stub hub, stub hub gets the processing fee and forwards the tickets to the buyer

In the past when I've sold through them, generally speaking, they'll take close to 15%.

They get 15% from the seller and will usually add about 15% to the listed price (unless you check to add fees to price, which I usually do because you may as well know what you're really going to pay). They take it coming & going.

But, they're also reliable and you know that what you're getting is genuine. Nobody like fees, but I understand them & don't have a problem with it.

handling fee varies by event. I recently purchased 2 tickets off Stubhub for the Wild vs Golden Knights in Las Vegas. Stubhub tacked on a 30% handling fee per ticket. 30% per ticket!!!!:mad:

One other thing regarding Stub Hub (and it has been several years since I have done this so maybe things have changed), but if you only have hard tickets (no electronic ability at all), Stub Hub used to send you a Fed Ex envelope which contained another pre-addressed Fed Ex envelope in which you could then send the tickets to the buyer. No additional charge to seller.

$65 tickets for the Penn State game were $87 after the stubhub fee.

I sold 2 extra tix on Stubhub for Penn St game. They took a 15% cut from me. I believe they get a cut from the buyer also. I forgot to ask they buyer at the gam how much extra his fees were.

One other nice thing is stubhub make ticket transfer easy. I simply scan the barcode on the ticket and they make them available electronically via the stubhub app immediately for the buyer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One other thing regarding Stub Hub (and it has been several years since I have done this so maybe things have changed), but if you only have hard tickets (no electronic ability at all), Stub Hub used to send you a Fed Ex envelope which contained another pre-addressed Fed Ex envelope in which you could then send the tickets to the buyer. No additional charge to seller.

Kind of still that way, but you print your label and go to a UPS store or box and ship it in their envelope.

Vivid seats is a great alternative. Fees seem to be a little lower.

I sold two tickets to the Penn State game for $240... I saw $204 of the money. I lost exactly 15% of the money.

That still happens with other events around the country. The Minnesota ticket office switched ticketing systems this year so home games are barcode integrated like MLB and NFL events. When your tickets sell, you just enter the ticket barcode numbers on StubHub for delivery.

Top Bottom