Ohio State is 51.5 point favorites over Rutgers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Forbes chimes in:

Ohio State vs. Rutgers Sees Historic Betting Spread: Largest Dog In Modern Football History?

Ohio State currently owns the top ranking in this week’s college football playoff rankings and, according to one bookmaker, Saturday’s Big Ten matchup against Rutgers sees them own the largest spread in conference history.

The 51.5-point line clearly stands out on this weeks college football odds grid, but SportsBetting.ag head oddsmaker Adam Burns feels confident in the decision to set such a high bar.

"The way the Buckeyes are absolutely dominating on both sides of the ball, coupled with the dreadful Rutgers offense, this was always going to be a spread of epic proportions," said Burns. "But Ohio State is probably going to have to pitch a shutout to cover the number."

Burns’ reference to a shutout is in direct relation to the game’s betting total which, at 55.5 points, leaves little wiggle room for the Buckeyes should the Scarlet Knights get on the board.

A single Rutgers touchdown would see Ohio State needing a total of 59 points or more to narrowly secure the cover.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackjo...-dog-in-modern-football-history/#4c43ec995cb0

Go Gophers!!

I'll take the over. Does Ohio State even play their starters?

Buckeyes cover that plus 30

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

With how much weight the CFP committee puts on blowing out teams I think OSU will try to beat the spread. Blowing them out could help them get in even if they lose a game.

The 1916 gophers were favored by 49 points over Illinois and lost costing us a national championship

Wonder what the betting odds on Rutgers winning..... if any. Maybe $500 would return a million if Rutgers wins

VI shows one sports book who is taking bets on the line. https://www.vegasinsider.com/colleg...vement/[email protected]/date/11-16-19

You’ll have to place a $600,000 bet on Ohio St in order to win $100.

Conversely, betting $100 on Rutgers would win you $200,000. So yes, $500 on Rutgers gets you a Mil.

Holy Cow, who's going to ante up $600,000? Even if OSU is a 100% sure thing, anyone with $600k to play with would be wasting their time making $100 in 2 1/2 hours.

Last edited:

I hope Ohio State puts up 80 on them so they pass the "eye test"

thats a lot of onside kicks! its a good thing they practiced last week end

Holy Cow, who's going to ante up $600,000? Even if OSU is a 100% sure thing, anyone with $600k to play with would be wasting their time making $100 in 2 1/2 hours.

do they have to win or just cover the spread for a million bet

Gophers appear at number two in the power rankings but are a 3 point dog at Iowa.

Top Bottom