Shocking - Ohio State gets another break from the NCAA

MNVCGUY

Reaction score

I think two games is a reasonable punishment for what seems like a puny infraction.

I think two games is a reasonable punishment for what seems like a puny infraction.

The NCAA has vacated wins, whole seasons and championships for less. But that never happens to the big name schools.

He was paid by an NFL agent. If this is a puny infraction, the entire thing is sham. I tend to agree that the entire thing is sham, but if you do not think players should be getting paid, this is a pretty classic example of a major NCAA infraction.

That is the crux of the matter. some media reports refer to the loan as being from "a family friend."

but, other reports state that the loan came from a person who is a licensed agent. Those are two very different stories.

"College Player gets loan from friend." --- gee, nothing wrong with that

"college player accepts money from agent." --- can't allow that.

Once again, the media coverage is vastly different depending on who is doing the coverage - AND what agenda they are trying to push. Hey, I think the NCAA is far from perfect, but the "loan from a family friend" story-line is clearly intended to paint the player in the best possible light and paint the NCAA in the worst possible light.

I agree. If it truly was to fly his girlfriend out to the Rose Bowl, where he was playing in the biggest game of his life, then it's a much more forgivable situation.

Once again, the problem lies with the NCAA. There should be stipulations for things like this. Maybe the NCAA could give a small stipend for friends and family? We all know that the NCAA rakes enough cash.

I think another issue....again with the NCAA....is the treatment based upon the team. And I know that's what everyone else is complaining about. Out vs. Maryland and Rutgers. Back in time for Penn State and Michigan? A lesser team and this process would have likely been strung along quite a bit longer and ended in a more severe punishment. Not an absolute certainty...but more than likely. As the OP said....not much different than the NCAA granting the powers of immediate eligibility to their favored teams.

Does anyone really believe that this is the first time a star college football player got access to money that he “shouldn’t” haven’t gotten?? Even if ostensibly the money was to be repaid??

At the end of the day it comes down to the idea of “how much do you really want it fixed?”

I think if things were perfectly pristine and squeaky clean, like some of you profess as ideal .... tou’d be down to DIII ball.

Not Ohio related but my husband noticed that in the bathrooms on the suite level there is information about what you can and can't do as a booster. I don't think that info is in the concourse bathrooms, is it?

It would probably be greater punishment to force him to play vs Rutgers and risk injury.

The NCAA has vacated wins, whole seasons and championships for less. But that never happens to the big name schools.

They've done that when schools tried to hide it and/or it extended to multiple players.

I set the o/u line for how many games he would sit out at 2.5 and laid the lumber on the under.

Top Bottom