Ticket info re BT championship game

Veritas

Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many tickets the Gophers would get if we make this game? Is it the same number as every BT team will get? Is it open market or through the Gopher ticket office? How much will they cost? Etc., etc., etc. I know Gopher points will count if sold through the ticket office.

From news articles I've seen in past years each participating school gets 10,000

It has always looked like tickets are really easy to get because it never fills all the decks/sections and I'm assuming they would be priced fairly as well for the same reason, no?

Didn’t US Bank Stadium make a bid to host the Big Ten Championship game at one time (and obviously lost)? I know that Delaney has promised to consider rotating the location, but appears to be committed to Lucas for the foreseeable future. I bet we could fill that in a heartbeat this year.
Sour grapes perhaps, and I realize that Lucas is centrally located for the Big Ten, but it plays right into the hands of the Ohio crowd that can easily drive there for the weekend.

Didn’t US Bank Stadium make a bid to host the Big Ten Championship game at one time (and obviously lost)? I know that Delaney has promised to consider rotating the location, but appears to be committed to Lucas for the foreseeable future. I bet we could fill that in a heartbeat this year.
Sour grapes perhaps, and I realize that Lucas is centrally located for the Big Ten, but it plays right into the hands of the Ohio crowd that can easily drive there for the weekend.

Doogie made the comment yesterday and I agree with it. With KEvin Warren running the Big Ten, he wouldn't be surprised to see the championship game in US Bank at some point.

1. I am confident that this event will include Minnesota...

But, I got the email from the U regarding ticket purchase... I am assuming that if Minnesota is not in this game the ticket purchase will be refunded? Or am I forced to attend a game featuring another BTW team...? I don't want to give away $360 for 4 tickets to a game where walk up tickets will not be a problem.

They've bid CFP games. I expect they will get both eventually some time.

B1G did say they want to try other venues for the B1G championship at some point, but that they also would be in Indy for a few more years before they make any moving plans.

Let me preface this by saying I have no idea how the ticket process works, but I do live in the Indy area and have wanted to attend this game as a casual fan multiple times but could never find a reasonably priced ticket online. Coupled with the fact I'm not a season ticket holder anymore, I just bit the bullet and bought 4 off StubHub the other day for $130 each. I might end up paying WAY too much for relatively crappy seats, but there's no way I'm getting shut out on this game or paying a higher price later. To me, the risk was worth it.

Maybe somebody should post on the NW board asking about this. I'd volunteer, but I'm super lazy. :)

But, I got the email from the U regarding ticket purchase... I am assuming that if Minnesota is not in this game the ticket purchase will be refunded? Or am I forced to attend a game featuring another BTW team...? I don't want to give away $360 for 4 tickets to a game where walk up tickets will not be a problem.

Yes, refund if they don't make game.

FWIW: I've been to a couple B10 games and we showed up without tickets and got in both time buying tickets by the stadium under $50. There were lots of unsold seats at both games.

I’m assuming that was a season ticket holder newsletter?

Not to get ahead of myself, but does anyone know where the U of M designated tickets are going to be located? I want to be ready to buy a ticket on the secondary market in that general area if we win tomorrow.

Not to get ahead of myself, but does anyone know where the U of M designated tickets are going to be located? I want to be ready to buy a ticket on the secondary market in that general area if we win tomorrow.
Head onto StubHub and all the empty sections on the West Divsion sideline/endzone is where that team will be getting their tickets.

Top Bottom