Keep the faith

If it is true that there are only 4 big ten players on the roster whose fault is it ? Other programs that win titles have had guys ranked in the 300's and lower that started !

Let me help you out badger.

RICHARD PITINO

If you're actually asking... If you don't have 9, your recruiting, roster management, and player development are not what they need to be. Start 5, trust 7, play 9. Nos 8 and 9 on a good team are going to be Trevor Winter and Miles Tarver.

Virginia played 7 15 mins or more. Played their number 8 guy 8 mins per game. How much you bet that 8 was inflated because of games they were up a lot. You are not gonna get much better than Michael Hurts as a 5 minute a game (8th or 9th) guy most likely.

Virginia played 7 15 mins or more. Played their number 8 guy 8 mins per game. How much you bet that 8 was inflated because of games they were up a lot. You are not gonna get much better than Michael Hurts as a 5 minute a game (8th or 9th) guy most likely.
Had Hurts [sic] developed and not regressed (which is another aspect of the overall problem), that would be pretty good.

And good teams like Winter and Tarver. I do like Omersa, and think he can contribute, but theres not enough talent right now around him to bring out the best in Omersa

I like Omersa, not going to extend the floor but physical around the basket, with the way Oturu is playing he can step out and has to be covered, you don't need Omersa to do that, he could be the key, Demir has shown some offensive skills, not sure that as the season plays out that position is going to be as big a problem as people make it out to be.

The problem is they need Kalschuer, Willis, and Carr to shoot the ball every night or points are going to be hard to come by, they just don't have anybody that can create and get to the basket.

Name your home run hires.

I don't follow college ball outside of the Gophers, so I have no idea who a home run hire would be. I'm just saying we shouldn't fire Pitino just for the sake of firing him. Need to have someone better lined up if we do.

Gonna be some upset people...Gophers won.

I know...weak opponent, home game...only won by 25. Shudda crushed em

Win the next 3 and the season is close to back on track.

I don't follow college ball outside of the Gophers, so I have no idea who a home run hire would be. I'm just saying we shouldn't fire Pitino just for the sake of firing him. Need to have someone better lined up if we do.
Completely agree. Also stated several times that it is way too early to give up on this team. Many times a team has looked worse than this team only to jell and become a force. One of the grear benefits to being old is i have seen mediocre teams early become conference contenders.

Completely agree. Also stated several times that it is way too early to give up on this team. Many times a team has looked worse than this team only to jell and become a force. One of the grear benefits to being old is i have seen mediocre teams early become conference contenders.

The defense does look more promising. Particularly, the 3 pt defending. Very interested to see how that plays out in B1G play. Also, at one point tonight, we were 12/21 from 3 ourselves. Could win some ball games playing good defense and shooting like that. Hopefully you are right and we jell!

Of the 11 that played last night were 2 seniors, 1 junior, 4 sophomores and 4 freshmen - unfortunately the classes are unbalanced right now and there will be growing pains this year. Equate It to how much Murphy, Coffey and mcbrayer improved as upperclassmen after being multiple year starters. Next year should be really good.

Equate It to how much Murphy, Coffey and mcbrayer improved as upperclassmen after being multiple year starters. Next year should be really good.

I don't think McBrayer improved much after his soph year and I would explain some of the soph year performance to being a fifth option among a very good set of top 6 players. McBrayer also came on fairly strong toward the end of his senior year but, overall, I'd say his career here was disappointing.

As far as next year, at this point I wouldn't be confident that Oturu will be among the returnees.

I don't think McBrayer improved much after his soph year and I would explain some of the soph year performance to being a fifth option among a very good set of top 6 players. McBrayer also came on fairly strong toward the end of his senior year but, overall, I'd say his career here was disappointing.

As far as next year, at this point I wouldn't be confident that Oturu will be among the returnees.
Well, I guess you didn't read the human interest story on Oturu a few weeks back in the Strib. Oturu will be back. No doubts.

Similar to the start of the football season and everyone was down on the OL. Only difference is they won the games early in spite of playing poorly on the line, because the teams they were facing were not as good compared to what the BB started with.

Life is tough. But McBrayer dealt with more than a normal share of adversity in his life physically and emotionally while a Gopher.

He was out there trying to help his team with physical restrictions and emotional stress. I’m pretty proud of McBrayers efforts as a Gopher!

Well, I guess you didn't read the human interest story on Oturu a few weeks back in the Strib. Oturu will be back. No doubts.
I didn't read the story but I doubt any article is going to be an accurate predictor of what Oturu's plan is after this year. Too many variables until the season is over. If he keeps balling and averages 20 and 10 while shooting the 3 at a good clip... say goodbye to our star center.

Life is tough. But McBrayer dealt with more than a normal share of adversity in his life physically and emotionally while a Gopher.

OK, I'll give him an "A" for courage and lots of admiration for a young person struggling through a tremendous personal loss. That still doesn't make him a particularly good player.

I don't know why so many of you can't separate empirical results from your knee jerk sentimentality.

Top Bottom