Tanner Morgan is the key @ Iowa!

How will Tanner handle Kinnick?

• Zen Master does not care where he plays!

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Tom Brady called Tanner to ask how he handles pressure.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Tanner plays ethereal. Opponents and location don't matter.

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • He will be pumped for Bacon Trophy and make a couple mistakes.

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • His only incompletion will be a throw away thrown to a sick kid in the hospital!

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • He will fold like a cheap lawn chair.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Otis

Reaction score
This is getting repetitive but we are going to need another clean efficient mistake free game from our sophomore QB who seems to have ice water in his veins!

A few important differences from last weeks game:

1. Iowa has a good defense, but they don't have a lot of sacks and they give up passing yards. Good combo for Mr. Morgan!
2. Iowa is worse in all defensive categories than Penn State and bled yardage to Wisconsin last week. Rushing game should help take pressure off.
3. Gophers are going to have MAX confidence after last week!

I really don't think this kid has a pulse and he is the perfect quarterback for this offense.

Mistake free and efficient wins the day!

Go Gophers!

If he has to throw the ball away I'm hoping he beans Hawkeye.

[video]https://deadspin.com/iowas-mascot-got-rocked-in-the-beans-by-an-errant-pass-1830073435[/video]

It will take a complete team effort. I will be watching the oline to see if they can open holes and protect Morgan. Will they go with a heavy formation again often to protect and run off of?

It will take a complete team effort. I will be watching the oline to see if they can open holes and protect Morgan. Will they go with a heavy formation again often to protect and run off of?

Really don't know why you wouldn't. O-Line just neutralized one of the best pass rushing teams in the country. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

#3 I picture cloudy skies with a single beam of light shining on Tanner as he picks apart the Iowa secondary

I watched IO. play a couple of times this season and I do think our passing game will have some great opportunities against their secondary.

Morgan has proved he can slice and dice coverage, especially with outstanding receivers, IF he has a little time..... so it'll probably come down to how our unsung OL performs.

I disagree. If Tanner plays like he did vs PSU we win by 20+. He has some margin for error in this game.

Morgan has proved he can slice and dice coverage, especially with outstanding receivers, IF he has a little time..... so it'll probably come down to how our unsung OL performs.

I'm betting we stick with the 6 man line and say, "yeah, we only have three receivers in the pattern, who's going to stop them from getting open?"

Top Bottom