College football playoffs ranking

gophersfan

Reaction score
Gophers 8th 1 spot ahead of Penn State and 1 spot behind Utah.

2nd best quality win out of everyone.
Should have been ahead of Utah.
But, just take care of business the next few weeks and it will work itself out.

A one loss Georgia ahead of the Gophers is a joke.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Gophers 8th 1 spot ahead of Penn State and 1 spot behind Utah.

Just saw it...kinda expected it...still incredible for Gopher history, even if we think it’s not as high as we should be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shouldn’t overreact to this. Being ranked #8 is about right. Should probably be above Utah but we are ok.

TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS!!!

BEAT IOWA!!!!

Doesn’t matter. Everything is ahead of us. 2 and maybe 3 ranked teams still on the schedule. If we keep winning we will keep moving up.

I would have had us jump one or two spots higher in my rankings, but it could be worse and panned out largely how I expected. Glad PSU is still ranked in the top 10. Want that win to keep as much value as possible! Cheering for them the rest of the year.

Nearly the entire first 15 minutes was spent talking about Minnesota, and now they are going to have P.J. Fleck on the show after the break.

Win and they only go up, what more could you ask for?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

A one loss Georgia ahead of the Gophers is a joke.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If you think the Gophers would beat GA in a three game, five game, whatever series, well you are certainly rowing the boat.

I’m pretty happy with 8. Win the next two and you’re in the 4-5-6 range with two ranked teams remaining.

If you think the Gophers would beat GA in a three game, five game, whatever series, well you are certainly rowing the boat.
Only got to win one, not a best of...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Georgia ahead of us doesn't sound unreasonable. Two different one loss teams from the worst power 5 conference is crazy.

The Gophers seem motivated by people not taking them seriously so hopefully it will motivate the Gophers to play better in Iowa.

And GA would be heavy favorite in that one game
Why do you think Georgia is soo good. What have they proven. Their qualith wins includes a close game to Notre Dame whom an ok Michigan team blew out of the water and lost to a 4 and 6 South Carolina.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Are we ranking on talent/skill level or accomplishments/bad losses at home on the current season resume?

Should we already pick the number 1 seeds in the ncaa b-ball tournament based on how people theoretically would do against each other? According to you, why play the season.

#8 is a good spot. If MN can beat a tough ranked Iowa on the road, that leaves room to move up. Same goes for the remainder of the season. Fly under the radar as much as possible.

Honestly how are we still behind Utah?

Because they didn't want to include us in the Utah, Oregon, Alabama discussion at 5-7.

I'll say this. We definitely aren't "OVERRANKED" based on the resume so far.
Committee is going to need it beat into their heads every step of the way.

Herbstreit is patronizing.

"Oh, Minnesota is really happy to be in the top 10!! They are cheering"

#8 is a good spot. If MN can beat a tough ranked Iowa on the road, that leaves room to move up. Same goes for the remainder of the season. Fly under the radar as much as possible.

If we beat WI and IA we'll have 3 top 25 wins which would put us probably 2nd to LSU.

“It was special. A sellout crowd, the energy here was indescribable. There are no words for it. When we took this job, this is what I envisioned, and we are not even near where we want to be or where we can be. I want to change people’s perception and I’m sure there was a lot of people in the crowd today that said, ‘Oh here we go again.’ We have to get that out of their mindset. I don’t care what happened 20 years ago, 40 years ago, two years ago. That has nothing to do with the future."

— P.J. Fleck

The "Oh, we're not really that good" loser mentality. It's there, it's ingrained, and it's very difficult to get rid of.

These Gophers are going to make some heads spin.

Funny what the AD from Oregon talks about.

Comparing Utah and Oregon... well one beat USC so that helped.
USC is currently 6-4. Same record as Illinois.

I think you’re confused because that’s not how it works. Georgia lost to a 4-5 loss team.

17 to 8, going from no significant wins to one great win at home by less than a TD. I think realistically it’s as good as we could hope for with current data.

Wait for the Iowa game. It’s going to be as tough as the PSU game, at minimum. Likely a smidge harder.

Win that, two great wins .... THEN let’s see what they say.

Funny what the AD from Oregon talks about.

Comparing Utah and Oregon... well one beat USC so that helped.
USC is currently 6-4. Same record as Illinois.

No different than them saying Texas A&M is a quality win for Bama and Clemson. Look, 8 is a good spot for us. But I don't think anyone could look at me with a straight face and say that if you took Minnesota's resume and slapped Wisconsin or Michigan on there that they wouldn't be at least top 5.

Are we ranking on talent/skill level or accomplishments/bad losses at home on the current season resume?

Should we already pick the number 1 seeds in the ncaa b-ball tournament based on how people theoretically would do against each other? According to you, why play the season.

People are ranking based on whatever they want to rank on. Rankings mean nothing until the last one.

Gophers go undefeated - Playoffs
Gophers lose a game - No playoffs

No reason to get caught up over rankings on Nov 12

Top Bottom