College football playoffs ranking

Yeah, Baylor is getting no credit. Baylor is in a similar to position Minnesota last week. Nobody believes they're going to beat Oklahoma this week (and Texas next week). If they do, and Minnesota wins too, then both Baylor and Minnesota need to be in the 4-5 spots this week.

I think it was Pollack who said it (and I agree with him, paraphrasing) "I can clearly see a separate Minnesota and Baylor in my mind". Gophers have been improving and controlling their games as they've moved along. Baylor has been merely surviving. They are not dictating their play at the moment.

Texas' 3 losses are by a combined 17 points. 2 of the three teams were in the CFP conversation at the time. Not bad losses. Baylor hasn't played a ranked team. Losses ALL depend on when they are in the season. Oregon, Bama, Georgia - after losing, they have enough "time" to make it back up, whereas you lose in week 10-13, you're toast.

Say the whole SEC was down this year.
How would we know?
Because LSU beat Texas?

Think of how different this season would have been had we had Nebraska's ranking and predictions by mass media at start of the season.

Start out ranked 24-25.
Likely be top 4 for AP right now.

I think it was Pollack who said it (and I agree with him, paraphrasing) "I can clearly see a separate Minnesota and Baylor in my mind". Gophers have been improving and controlling their games as they've moved along. Baylor has been merely surviving. They are not dictating their play at the moment.

(devil's advocate, for fun, not trying to troll you)

We dictated our play against the only actual difficult team we played, Penn St, by beating them by less than a TD and needing a last minute INT to prevent them from winning the game?

We dictated our play against the only actual difficult team we played, Penn St, by beating them by less than a TD and needing a last minute INT to prevent them from winning the game?

If you watched the game you saw MN take a big lead then play more conservative to kill the 2nd half as we've done for most games this year where we got an early lead.

Yes. Minnesota controlled that game for the first 3Q and led by 2 possessions for much of it. It was their game to win or lose. Meanwhile Baylor needed several fortunate circumstances to survive WVU and TCU.

Great sign on Gameday this morning.

62d844af625dcf4f2cf2473287bbd51c.jpg

Thank you Buttcheeks - Georgia is very good and deserving to be ahead of us. If they finish with 1 loss.....they will ABSOLUTELY be one of the 4 spots. However, I think (as Gopher Fans) we should all be Auburn Fans. If they do what Auburn does in November - they could knock Alabama out for sure, potentially LSU as well. Make room for the Gophs. We ultimately control it - which not many can say at this point. Win and you're in

Wrong. An undefeated power five team will not be left out in favor of a one loss team. So Georgia being ahead of us right now doesn't much matter....but it would if everything fell the right way at the end of the season.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom