Shama: Fleck on Kamal Martin: Had a great day at practice today...looked really good.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

Enjoy a Tuesday notes column including news from Minnesota coach P.J. Fleck about senior linebacker Kamal Martin, one of the team’s best players who was held out of last Saturday’s Penn State game because of an undisclosed injury.

Fleck said on KFAN Radio this afternoon that Martin came to him after warm-ups prior to the game and announced he was playing. Martin badly wanted to be on the field but Fleck told him there is a lot of football remaining this fall and it was best that the future pro sit out the game.

“Had a great day at practice today,” Fleck said of Martin. “Looked really good.”

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Iowa's offense is generally not their strong suit.

Would be tempting to give Kamal more time... but we're in Iowa so who the hell knows ...

Great news! Need everyone in the boat this Saturday!

Would be tempting to give Kamal more time... but we're in Iowa so who the hell knows ...

I see what you’re getting at but I think Penn State’s offense exposed a weakness at linebacker last Saturday. Both Iowa and Wisconsin will attack that. We really need Martin back in there to negate that.

Iowa may have had a down year offensively, but they still have people capable of making plays, and an experienced QB. We need Martin in there.

Iowa may have had a down year offensively, but they still have people capable of making plays, and an experienced QB. We need Martin in there.

I think Penn St.'s greatest attack came from its TE's who caught several passes for big yardage against the Gophers. Our defensive backs actually looked very good vs. their WR's. Iowa is always known for using its TE's as weapons. Even though they lost two last year to the NFL, they still have some good ones they will likely utilize to attack the Gopher defense. You can count on it.

If Martin is ready to go, you have got to use him as we will really need him out there vs. the Hawkeyes.

We need him back now for sure glad he’s back!

I see what you’re getting at but I think Penn State’s offense exposed a weakness at linebacker last Saturday. Both Iowa and Wisconsin will attack that. We really need Martin back in there to negate that.

Yes, couldn't help but wonder if those first two long runs by Penn State would've turned out different with a healthy Martin.

Yes and Clifford had a few big runs as well. Want Kamal back when he’s ready to play fast like he normally does.

Yes, couldn't help but wonder if those first two long runs by Penn State would've turned out different with a healthy Martin.

If the first long run you are referring to was the first quarter equalizer (7-7), I think it was one of our safeties that had the gap and just whiffed.

Amazing how much of this info comes from KFAN even though they hate the gophers

If the first long run you are referring to was the first quarter equalizer (7-7), I think it was one of our safeties that had the gap and just whiffed.

I saw a wiff and on other plays a couple "oh crap that guy is mine" and they were just out of position.

Fortunately, Penn St.'s DBs were on permanent "damn it that guy is mine" mode all day.

We will need him, Iowa has the best OL in the country.

Disagree, all we have is Northwestern and Wisconsin after this game. And we really won't need him to beat Northwestern. So you'd essentially be sitting Kamal for one extremely important game just to have him for another extremely important game. Not much to gain by sitting him again IMO and it sounds he could have played against PSU anyways.

We will need him, Iowa has the best OL in the country.

They may have the best OT duo in the country but their interior isn't that great, at least thats why I've gathered from reading their forums.

Top Bottom