***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT BUTLER IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Back at it tonight at Butler. Gophers have to find more contribution from the PF position, otherwise it will be a long year. Love what we're seeing from the guards, lots of athleticism and versatility there.

Let's get back on track tonight.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm on way from chicago now. Hopefully a winner tonight! Let's bounce back!

I LOVE Gopher hoops, so I’m hoping for a bounce-back tonight, too. I have to admit I’ve been so wonderfully wrapped up in the magic of Gopher Football that I haven’t begun to eat, sleep and breathe hoops yet. I’m concerned about this squad figuring out how to play with the big boys. I hope they “change their best” and record an improved-play win tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want to steal Les' schtick, but Norman Dale will not be roaming the sidelines of Hinkle Fieldhouse. Jimmy Chitwood will not be hitting a game winner on the same floor our Gophers will play on. Brad Stevens will not be coaching Butler tonight. All of that is a shame.

Go Gophers!!

I'm excited for this one. Missed the Oklahoma game due to a wedding. Been pretty wrapped up in Gopher football but am glad to have a couple hoops games to watch this week!!

When I first saw the schedule, I immediately thought to myself that the Gophers should set their goal to win 2 of 3 against Oklahoma, Butler, and Utah if they want to make it back to the dance. Unfortunately I missed the OU game, but it appeared we completely fell apart in the 2nd half. Hoping to see a better performance today. Go Gophers!

I don't want to steal Les' schtick, but Norman Dale will not be roaming the sidelines of Hinkle Fieldhouse. Jimmy Chitwood will not be hitting a game winner on the same floor our Gophers will play on. Brad Stevens will not be coaching Butler tonight. All of that is a shame.

Go Gophers!!

Nice! Gotta go with the Hoosiers reference- lot of history in that building.

Go Gophers!!

shoot better than last game and we win!! Isiah ….looking forward to seeing him play

Can't wait to see Ihnen on court even though I would expect little contributions this game, still excited and glad he is healthy! Hopefully can help williams with scoring off the bench.

Can't wait to see Ihnen on court even though I would expect little contributions this game, still excited and glad he is healthy! Hopefully can help williams with scoring off the bench.

Well, any tall man with a pulse (besides Oturu) would be very welcome. I can't believe how much I miss Matz.

Terrible ball movement resulting in a shot clock violation

Let’s Go Gophers! Let’s see them figure out things a bit in this game. It’s early but important.

How can Hurt play for 4 years, and still poop his pants every time he comes into a game?

How can Hurt play for 4 years, and still poop his pants every time he comes into a game?

I was trying to think of the words to describe him but I don't think I could have done better than that.

Kentucky lost to Evansville. I know that doesn’t matter but wow.

Remarkable that we're only down 2 in this game.

Terrible camera angles and some weird pop ups making the screen small. This broadcast is brutal

Kid seems to have no confidence to shoot the ball or even get involved in the offense, just runs around in circles. When he touches the ball, he can't get rid of it fast enough. Opponents don't even guard him.

Gophs don’t have anyone that can consistently score.

Williams is a better rebounder than Alihan, Hurt, or Omersa. Maybe he should play the 4.

Our PF spot is beyond abysmal, Demir looks awful, Hurt is scared, and Omersa has 0 offensive game. Wonder if we go small and throw Tre at the 4, he looks like a player

2+ games in and I can barely stand to watch this team. This is not fun or promising at all.

Team might shoot more 3s this year but make about the same % as last year.

I certainly hope that Oturu has better luck staying out of foul trouble than Jordan Murphy did. If he gets into trouble every night, we have no chance to win.

Both teams playing good defense. Omersa playing his role well. Alihan Demir is a liability against athletic teams. Gophers are weak on the boards.

I expect more out of Gabe night after night this year than we have seen so far. If he gets back on his game we will look much better.

Top Bottom