***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT BUTLER IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Making the NCAA's last year may have had a very big price.

It just may have.

Though I’ve been told Pitino is a tremendous recruiter [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Making the NCAA's last year may have had a very big price.

Not really. As I recall, his buyout was not increased by the extension. He's not that expensive to fire if that's the case.

Williams is a better rebounder than Alihan, Hurt, or Omersa. Maybe he should play the 4.

I've been in favor of that. We're going to get killed inside anyway. Play small ball. But Omersa has played well tonight. Demir should not start again.

If these past two games are any indication, this is going to be a rebuild where our young ones take a lot of lumps. Unless they improve dramatically over the season they are going to have more Ls than Ws.

If these past two games are any indication, this is going to be a rebuild where our young ones take a lot of lumps. Unless they improve dramatically over the season they are going to have more Ls than Ws.

Next year won't be any better without a PG.

Rebuilding from what?

I am not giving up on Carr. It’s early. But looking at his skills, Isaiah Washington was a better player and Pitino kept him in the doghouse and couldn’t figure out how to use him. He could dribble, pass, and had a good looking shot (even though he missed a lot). Carr can’t dribble, can’t pass, and his shot looks bad and seemingly will be a similar percentage.

Yuck.

He can't dribble or pass well. That's going to be a problem.

We were told he was our savior for a year and a half. That does't help. IW could have given us this or more.

Not really. As I recall, his buyout was not increased by the extension. He's not that expensive to fire if that's the case.

I'm not sure. But Musselman wanted to come here and we passed.

Other than the 10 diehard Pitino supporters on this board, who didn’t see this coming? My expectations were low, but still thought we would get a little more out of Carr and our vaunted top 25 recruiting class.

Are you serious, Demir. Where did this scrub come from?

We were told he was our savior for a year and a half. That does't help. IW could have given us this or more.

Yeah he looks no better than IW other than not having the world's shortest leash on him.

You are right but he doesn't really deserve it.

Probably doesn’t deserve it when every other year is a step back year.

Year 7 and the program basically in the same state as when Pitino took over.

The 2013-2014 from Pitino's 1st year would beat this team by 10.

Did you watch IW the other day he was awful. He got a lot of rebounds which was good but still the same Jelly, just against lesser competition

This isn't nearly as good of a team as he had when he took over.

As bad as Carr is at PG, I can't agree that IW was any better. IW couldn't even get a shot over a defender. Another terrible PG get by Pitino.

Gee, it would sure be nice if our PG, the guy handling the ball all the time, could shoot FTs.

Recent extension means he probably gets next year no matter what happens this year.

40-70 Big 10 record gets you an extension.

That's only going to get worse. Oh well, enjoy the football season I guess.

Lol. Demir makes a nice steal and then can't make a lay-up.

We are offensively challenged. Hard to see this team winning a lot of BIG games. Demir on the missed lay up.....

Top Bottom