***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT BUTLER IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I would like to know where the rose colored glasses come from, Baldwin exposed him, would have loved to have had Coffey or McBrayer guarding him last night.

Short term memory Gabe guarded Carsen Edwards and minimized his effectiveness in two wins over a final 4 team. Yeah...he's an average defender... Not!

Last edited:

Really hard for me to believe that we couldn't find a top juco kid to play the 4 and offer him a starting spot on a Big Ten team.
Were we just looking for a one year grad transfer rental player? It's only a few games, but Demir needs to earn his playing time. Or will he be another one who plays because "who else do we have?"

No, if Demir continues to play like last night, he will sit. Omersa is going to get his time. I would not be surprised if Pitino even plays Williams who is physically tough (5 boards and 2 steals last night) as part of a 4 guard lineup at times. They really need Williams and Ihnen to step up fast if they are going to go somewhere this year.

No, if Demir continues to play like last night, he will sit. Omersa is going to get his time. I would not be surprised if Pitino even plays Williams who is physically tough (5 boards and 2 steals last night) as part of a 4 guard lineup at times. They really need Williams and Ihnen to step up fast if they are going to go somewhere this year.

Demir is so bad that Jarvis is an upgrade and Jarvis is horrible. Can Jarvis turn into a serviceable player, or is he a recruiting miss? We will find out.

Tre Williams is a quality player. Not a game changer, but a solid B1G player.

Ihnen is a long way from helping us. The 4* rating has a lot of people expecting too much from him. That rating is not based on production, or immediate impact, but rather raw athleticism and long term potential. The truth is he's a booby-soft, Euro forward who's going to struggle greatly in the B1G if he's forced into action this year.

Demir is so bad that Jarvis is an upgrade and Jarvis is horrible. Can Jarvis turn into a serviceable player, or is he a recruiting miss? We will find out.

Tre Williams is a quality player. Not a game changer, but a solid B1G player.

Ihnen is a long way from helping us. The 4* rating has a lot of people expecting too much from him. That rating is not based on production, or immediate impact, but rather raw athleticism and long term potential. The truth is he's a booby-soft, Euro forward who's going to struggle greatly in the B1G if he's forced into action this year.

All I ask is that they keep getting better through the year. Let's see what we have later on.

He’s not going to be shown the door because of rebuilding. Most have low expectations for this team this year to begin with. They lost far too many pieces to expect the same results as last year.

We have good recruits coming in. IF he gets shown the door expect to go from this to much worse...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rebuilding? This is year 7! I've been taking heat for months because I've been saying we're going to be really bad this year & others think we should be back in the NCAA's. Why don't we have anyone ready to step in? Why haven't we recruited? Things don't really look any better next year either.

Oturu's gone the minute he's eligible for the draft. Jarvis' ceiling is Andre Ingram, but shorter. Freeman? Ihnen? Martice Mitchell? All long term projects.

Gabe, Willis & Tre Williams are/will be good, not great players.

Carr's ceiling is as a bottom tier starting PG in the B1G. I actually like what I've seen of Greenlee, but let's be honest, he's a Tubby level recruit. Mashburn should be a good player, but he's not a program changer.

It's frustrating as hell.

All I ask is that they keep getting better through the year. Let's see what we have later on.

It's all we can ask. That, and I hope we can get hot from the 3 point line a couple times this year to win games, we have no business winning.

Rebuilding? This is year 7! I've been taking heat for months because I've been saying we're going to be really bad this year & others think we should be back in the NCAA's. Why don't we have anyone ready to step in? Why haven't we recruited? Things don't really look any better next year either.

Oturu's gone the minute he's eligible for the draft.

Which, in Daniel's case, could well be at the end of this season if he continues the productivity he's shown in the first three games.

Yes, Year 7. If the team this season ends up with no NCAA or NIT and playing in the Wednesday round of the Big Ten tournament, that will be the 4th time for those results in seven seasons. It's OK to have "rebuilding" years, even in year 7, but four rebuilding type years over seven seasons should not be acceptable. Pitino should be gone if he can't do any better than that. The best that can be said for him in that case is that he did as well, or maybe a bit better, than Tim Miles, Chris Collins, or Pat Chambers.

You would think that PJ Fleck's success this year would change people's opinions about what is possible for Minnesota basketball. I don't expect the football team to have as good of a season next year as this year but I am pretty confident that they will have a good season next year (9-3 or at least 8-4). Looking at the basketball team over the first three games, I cannot envision them having a good season this year. If that is the case, Pitino will not have achieved two consecutive good seasons over a seven year period.

The truth is he's a booby-soft, Euro forward who's going to struggle greatly in the B1G if he's forced into action this year.

The stereotype of the "soft" European player is incredibly stupid and outdated. You haven't seen Ihnen play any more than the rest of us have.

The stereotype of the "soft" European player is incredibly stupid and outdated. You haven't seen Ihnen play any more than the rest of us have.

Well lets be fair, he's obviously basing it on how soft Michigan's Wagner, Izzy and Purdue's Haarms and Hass were. Super soft...

C’mon let the guy have his prejudice. It don’t cost nuth’n.

Top Bottom