What a trip

IrishGoph55

Reaction score
Just got back home to California.
What a day that Penn State game was. Not going to lie I thought we blew it at the end, playing not to lose on offense.
I cannot describe the feeling when we intercepted it at the end.
Even my wife who is a so so football fan was jumping up and down with joy.
a game we will never forget.

nearly brought tears to my eyes.

Glad you could make it! It was the best game I have ever attended. The fans were into and so was the team. Plus the weather was pretty nice.

What a day that Penn State game was. Not going to lie I thought we blew it at the end, playing not to lose on offense.

I have to admit, at the end I was thinking of some of those blown games over the years and thinking here we go again. I love this quote by Fleck:

"It's been so long, but that's what's so fun about hope," Fleck said in his stadium office about two hours after Saturday's game. "I'm a Chicago Cubs fan. Everybody always said, 'The lovable losers,' and then all of a sudden, they did it. They got the right people, they got the right GM, they got the right manager, and then they found a way to put the right team together to do it.

"It's going to happen here, and we just want to do everything we can to get our shot at it. What you saw today is the hope for the future, to say it's not just what used to be, it's what's going to be."

I guess that's what he means by changing the culture with this program.

There was a group of 5 of us at the game from my family. 3 of the 5 had never been to a game before. Most of them grew up as big Vikings fans and have been to many of their games. They all talked about how it was the most fun they ever had at a game. Now they're already talking to other members of my extended family about trying to get a big group together to go to a game next year.

There was a group of 5 of us at the game from my family. 3 of the 5 had never been to a game before. Most of them grew up as big Vikings fans and have been to many of their games. They all talked about how it was the most fun they ever had at a game. Now they're already talking to other members of my extended family about trying to get a big group together to go to a game next year.

This is what I love to hear.

THIS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great story. I have been thinking about PJF's comments about the fans needing to let go of what happened in the past. I'm not going to lie my heart sank and I could barely watch that last PSU drive but this team feels different. They have already given me the best college game I ever attended so I am going to enjoy every minute.

Nice! would love to hear what other things you took in pre and postgame.

A bunch of us are getting together at my brother-in-laws house on Saturday to watch the game and party. (not sure he would have had this without the big win over Penn State last Saturday)

Great story. I have been thinking about PJF's comments about the fans needing to let go of what happened in the past. I'm not going to lie my heart sank and I could barely watch that last PSU drive but this team feels different. They have already given me the best college game I ever attended so I am going to enjoy every minute.

This hit for me as well. I was watching inside then went to the garage to listen to the end on the radio (which is a couple seconds ahead of the TV). I had to work off some energy because I was convinced they would score the TD and was wondering if Tanner Morgan could hit a WR with the time remaining. That was my Minnesota loser mentality playing out. With this team, what was more likely? We stop or they score? By odds, it's that we stop them, but I was stressing about the worst.

Need to stop thinking that way. The football team doesn't think that way.

A bunch of us are getting together at my brother-in-laws house on Saturday to watch the game and party. (not sure he would have had this without the big win over Penn State last Saturday)

Cool. Should I bring an appetizer?

Top Bottom