Northwestern
Iowa

Key Returnees:
Morgan
The entire Offensive Line!!!!
Bateman
Autman-Bell
Our third string 1000 yard rusher

WINFIELD III? - I know we are losing some big time players on defense but somehow I feel Winfield is the only irreplaceable one. If he wins the Thorpe, I'm assuming he's gone. But a team with all this talent returning is going to be fun the WHOLE season long!

Go Gophers!!

PLEASE people. PLEASE. For the love of god. Can't you just enjoy this? Enjoy this weekend? Look forward to Iowa. So much to play out. Why can we not enjoy it? Why must we constantly distract our enjoyment with worries, concerns, next year, 5 years from now.

Too soon! My heart is full enough just thinking about this season!

I'm emotionally struggling to make it day to day this season man.

PLEASE people. PLEASE. For the love of god. Can't you just enjoy this? Enjoy this weekend? Look forward to Iowa. So much to play out. Why can we not enjoy it? Why must we constantly distract our enjoyment with worries, concerns, next year, 5 years from now.

Cause we are bored at work on a Tuesday?

Plenty of time to look to the future after the season. And that future looks really bright, especially on offense. But for now let's just enjoy the ride of this season and see what happens over the next few weeks. Exciting times to be a Gopher Football fan.

Starting to wonder if we should expect Bateman back next season. I certainly would hope so, but if this thing keeps blowing up and he has a couple more monster games to end the season, it's not a foregone conclusion.

Starting to wonder if we should expect Bateman back next season. I certainly would hope so, but if this thing keeps blowing up and he has a couple more monster games to end the season, it's not a foregone conclusion.

You know he is just a sophomore right? He is back next year regardless of how many yards or TDs he racks up this year. Now we may very well lose him after next year but we can cross that bridge when we get there.

We play:
Michigan
@ Michigan State
@ Maryland
BYU
Non-conf
Non-conf
@ Wisconsin
@ Nebraska
@ Illinois
Purdue
Northwestern
Iowa

Key Returnees:
Morgan
Bateman
Autman-Bell

WINFIELD III? - I know we are losing some big time players on defense but somehow I feel Winfield is the only irreplaceable one. If he wins the Thorpe, I'm assuming he's gone. But a team with all this talent returning is going to be fun the WHOLE season long!

Go Gophers!!

Looks like we're going 9-0 again. Purdue could be a trap game.

True story... I was just thinking to myself: "There is so much to unpack as it relates to this season and there is still a quarter of the regular season to go. It will be a fun off season, being able to take all that time to unpack this historic season as well as look at what might be next year." Then, the first thread I see is this one. So, no, I am not yet ready to think about next year. I literally don't have enough time or brain space to yet fully appreciate what has been buzzing by my eyeballs every week this season. Wow. what a joy.

Most off seasons are spent on Gopherhole talking about "ranking the stadiums of the B1G" and "Did you hear what the Tulsa coach said on Twitter" and other things that really don't mean much. But, it passes the time as we all look forward to college football and those are long months between January and August. This offseason promises to have much meatier topics to digest, as well as the time to properly appreciate what we are currently living through.

"PLEASE people. PLEASE. For the love of god. Can't you just enjoy this? Enjoy this weekend? Look forward to Iowa. So much to play out. Why can we not enjoy it? Why must we constantly distract our enjoyment with worries, concerns, next year, 5 years from now."

The thought police are everywhere. Beware what you personally may be thinking, posting or saying. May I make a suggestion, if anyone is not able to be interested in a particular point of view or thought, leave the thread to those who are interest. Just a suggestion.

Last edited:

As far as next year ---

This season is this season. No one can take it away. it will be there to think about for all time.

But - how this season is considered long-term may change based on what happens in the next few years.

if the Gophs come back with several 9 or 10-win seasons (or better) and play solid, competitive football, then 2019 will be seen as a pivotal step forward for the program.

On the other hand, if something goes wrong (injuries, whatever) and the Gophs come back with a couple of 7 or 8-win seasons, then 2019 will be seen as more of an outlier.

I remember the 10-win season under Mason. A lot of people thought better times were ahead. didn't turn out that way. I hope this time is different.

Next year is interesting with 5 road B1G games and our first B1G(Iowa) game at home in week 3.

We don't play a road game until October 3rd at Maryland. No bye week until November 14th. End season on a short week at Nebraska.

Season is so front loaded. We play all three trophy games by October 17th. Michigan plays PSU, WI, Washington, and Michigan State before we play them. Lose early and crowds will be sparse for last two home games against Purdue and Northwestern.

Crazy is in 2021 when #1 and #2 in the preseason polls face off in week #1.

Last edited:

Next year is interesting with 5 road B1G games and our first B1G(Iowa) game at home in week 3.

We don't play a road game until October 3rd at Maryland. No bye week until November 14th. End season on a short week at Nebraska.

Season is so front loaded. We play all three trophy games by October 17th. Michigan plays PSU, WI, Washington, and Michigan State before we play them. Lose early and crowds will be sparse for last two home games against Purdue and Northwestern.

Crazy is in 2021 when #1 and #2 in the preseason polls face off in week #1.

And on a Thursday no less

Pie in the Sky! Continue our current trajectory have a great season this year. Build upon it next year and in 2021 to open the season we have a top ten match-up vs Ohio State at TCF. Way too far a look but hey a kid can dream!

Defense loses a lot next year, offense should still be really good though.

I agree enjoy this year first!

That said, looks like a lot of talent back. Although it hurt not having Kamal out there this last weekend, that can only help guys like Sori-Marin/Oliver etc. going forward. And you never know, guys like Nubin/Sapp who were highly regarded that haven't made a huge impact maybe figure it out in year 2 and they are more than capable to fill roles. I think I heard Fleck say something along the lines of 80% of the team is freshman/soph so that bodes well for this year and next.

You know he is just a sophomore right? He is back next year regardless of how many yards or TDs he racks up this year. Now we may very well lose him after next year but we can cross that bridge when we get there.

Oops. Yup, spaced that he didnt redshirt.

We play:
Michigan
@ Michigan State
@ Maryland
BYU
Non-conf
Non-conf
@ Wisconsin
@ Nebraska
@ Illinois
Purdue
Northwestern
Iowa

Key Returnees:
Morgan
Bateman
Autman-Bell

Go Gophers!!

The schedule is out of order.

Top Bottom