B1G "Look" Rankings and Ranking the Undefeateds!

Otis

Reaction score
B1G "Look" Rankings:

1. Ohio State - They look just as good as they possibly can so far. Got some big games left on their schedule though.

2. YOUR MINNESOTA GOLDEN GOPHERS - They have come a long way in these rankings! Just keep winning and make it to the top!

3. Penn State - Always glad to see these guys lose. Even better when it is to Minnesota!
4. Wisconsin - Barely beat Iowa at home and they gave up 22 points! Not a great look last week.
5. Michigan - Getting better all the time. Only stuck here due to the Wisconsin loss.
6. Indiana - Great season so far but now they have lost their QB and play an angry Penn State team.
7. Illinois - That can't be right. I guess the Lovie Smith death watch has been cancelled.
8. Iowa - 3-3 with all tough losses. Throw out the records this week as the Gophers come to town.
9. Purdue - Great coaching job getting this far with all their problems. But Brohm is NOT winning Coach of the year!
10. Michigan State - remember when these guys were ranked and considered a tough game? Me neither.
11. Nebraska - These guys were supposed to win the West? Hardly.
12. Maryland - This team was ranked #23! Wow!
13. Rutgers - Not last! There is a lot of happiness in New Jersey that the season is almost over.
14. Northwestern - Dead Last with a top half of the conference defense. God those guys must hate their offense.

And then there were 5! Undefeated Rankings:

1. LSU - Really no debate here. They have beat more ranked teams than anyone and are looking good.
2. Ohio State - Schedule is not looking near good enough to jump LSU but damn, they look good!
3. Clemson - They have only beaten 1 team with a winning record? That hardly seems possible at this point. The ACC is just horrible.
4. MINNESOTA GOLDEN GOPHERS!!!! - You know I wanted to put them ahead of Clemson! That 4th quarter had me seeing purple and thinking Glen Mason was on the sideline. Thank God for our defensive backs! (Gophers, make it a little more easy on us in the future please. I don't have a defibulator at home!)
5. Baylor - Do I have to include these guys? I mean skin of their teeth.

Go Gophers!!!

I'd have Iowa and possibly Illinois in front of Indiana. 7 wins is a good story, but their wins have been complete trash so far.

Ball State - 4-5 - W
Eastern Illinois - 1-9 - W
Ohio State - 9-0 - L
UConn - 2-8 - W
MSU - 4-5 - L
Rutgers - 2-8 - W
Maryland - 3-7 - W
Nebraska - 4-5 - W
Northwestern - 1-8 - W

Just 17 wins among the teams they've beaten, and the games against Ball State, Maryland and Nebraska were close.

I'd have Iowa and possibly Illinois in front of Indiana. 7 wins is a good story, but their wins have been complete trash so far.

Ball State - 4-5 - W
Eastern Illinois - 1-9 - W
Ohio State - 9-0 - L
UConn - 2-8 - W
MSU - 4-5 - L
Rutgers - 2-8 - W
Maryland - 3-7 - W
Nebraska - 4-5 - W
Northwestern - 1-8 - W

Just 17 wins among the teams they've beaten, and the games against Ball State, Maryland and Nebraska were close.

Next two weeks will show just how far Indiana has come. They get Penn State and then Michigan. If they can win 1 of those games then it is probably time to start looking at them as being for real. They are in a similar spot to where we were before the Penn State game with the exception that they have failed their two tougher tests so far this season with losses to Ohio State and Michigan State.

Good to see Indiana at least being competitive even if they have zero shot at ever becoming relevant in football in the Big Ten East. Just not going to happen when they have Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State all sitting in their division.

Yeah, it is very unlikely Indiana becomes a major player anytime soon (same with Rutgers and likely Maryland). They might be able to become a consistent 7-10 win team though if they can take the next step, where they occasional steal a game or two from the big boys and push for a trip to Indy every decade or so.

Top Bottom