If that Penn State game was your first

mjfelton15

Banned
Reaction score
If you’re a little kid, teen, or even young adult, and that game against Penn State was the first Gopher game you ever attended. What do you think your odds of becoming a big Gopher fan are? Would you become a die hard?

How about if you just started tuning into them at the end of last year, and have been since last year? Are you all in with this team now?

I’m just thinking this season might earn us some future season ticket holders, and a lot more regular game attendants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's usually the next year that you see the spike in attendance. I've thought of buying season tickets for a few years now, but for my situation it's hard to make many Saturdays in the fall work.

My bold prediction is that if we make the Rose Bowl (or better), student season tickets will sell out for the first time in...ever? It happened with basketball when the team was hyped up (though I know there are fewer tickets). You'd have to imagine we'd be preseason top 15 if we finish the year strong.

I don't think die hards are created in a day, no matter how magical.

I've been a gopher football fan since I was a kid. But it wasn't until I was living in the metro area that I really became a die hard fan. It takes a while to get to know the players, the tradition, etc.

The U should do a promotion like valley fair. Free or discounted tickets to the Wisconsin game with the purchase of season tickets for next year.

The U should do a promotion like valley fair. Free or discounted tickets to the Wisconsin game with the purchase of season tickets for next year.

That would likely be a mistake since Wisconsin is already gonna sell out.

I'd like to see them rework season ticket prices and get them slightly cheaper per game, and hopefully that with the improvement of the program leads to a big increase in season tickets sold.

Time for the Gopher Athletic Department to "invite" back the few thousand long time season ticket holder fans they ran off with that too large scholarship seating scheme. Something like waiving those fees for a year or two would go a long way to get them back.

That would likely be a mistake since Wisconsin is already gonna sell out.

I'd like to see them rework season ticket prices and get them slightly cheaper per game, and hopefully that with the improvement of the program leads to a big increase in season tickets sold.

I know what you mean, but was thinking of it more of a longer term. People want to go to the Wisconsin game, you could basically rope them in for next year by striking when the iron is hot.

Might be a bit late for that. I think there will be pretty strong demand regardless.

Top Bottom