Gophers Clinch West Division this Saturday

BroncoRedux

Reaction score
Gophers beat Iowa, soundly. Nebraska grows a pair and beats Wisconsin slightly. Tell me I'm wrong!!!!

Are you kidnapping Jordan Taylor?

Gophers beat Iowa, soundly. Nebraska grows a pair and beats Wisconsin slightly. Tell me I'm wrong!!!!

Hope you're right but I just don't see Nebraska beating Wisconsin. Game is in Lincoln so you never know but I don't see it happening.

I think Frosty is closer to having his team continue it's stumble than they are to putting together 60 minutes of good football.

If Nebraska wins it will be Martinez playing the game of his life.

Are you kidnapping Jordan Taylor?

He graduated several years ago - and played basketball. I mean, someone could kidnap him if they want, but I very much doubt it would have any affect on the outcome of the football game.

He graduated several years ago - and played basketball. I mean, someone could kidnap him if they want, but I very much doubt it would have any affect on the outcome of the football game.

Stop with the ironing. Yeah, I know you think you can make it by but I'm still calling it.

Beating IA soundly in Iowa City would be nice but has been difficult in the past. IA is playing for pride and a decent bowl. I expect a dog fight.

Stop with the ironing. Yeah, I know you think you can make it by but I'm still calling it.

Jesus, you clearly don't understand the joke and yet you keep bringing it up like you "got me" making a mistake. Look it up and perhaps you can stop posting about it while looking like an idiot.

Jesus, you clearly don't understand the joke and yet you keep bringing it up like you "got me" making a mistake. Look it up and perhaps you can stop posting about it while looking like an idiot.

Love it

Yikes, it's way to early to make that call. I think the Gophers are going to win, but there is a reason that Iowa is favored.

Iowa versus top 10 teams at home over the last 5 years:
2019: 12-17 #10 PSU - L
2017: 19-21 #4 PSU - L
2017: 55-24 #6 OSU - W
2017: 14-38 #8 UW - L
2016: 9-17 #10 UW - L
2016: 14-13 #3 UM - W

Most of these games have come down to the final seconds. The Gophers need to play better than they did last week if they want to win this game.

Wisconsin has been bad away from home, but Nebraka is a gong show right now. I like our chances to do our part, but I think we will likely need to wait to clinch in Evanston. Then Wisconsin can be the cute scrappy team trying to play spoiler to our CFP chances in our last game.

Whould anyone mind if it was Brad Davison? Hypothetically of course.

Yikes, it's way to early to make that call. I think the Gophers are going to win, but there is a reason that Iowa is favored.

Iowa versus top 10 teams at home over the last 5 years:
2019: 12-17 #10 PSU - L
2017: 19-21 #4 PSU - L
2017: 55-24 #6 OSU - W
2017: 14-38 #8 UW - L
2016: 9-17 #10 UW - L
2016: 14-13 #3 UM - W

Most of these games have come down to the final seconds. The Gophers need to play better than they did last week if they want to win this game.

So... um, they usually LOSE when they play Top 10 ranked teams at home? The #3 rated Michigan team they beat ended up dropping down to #10 in the EOS AP poll. Still Top 10, I suppose, but it just doesn't EVER surprise me when someone beats Harbaugh's Michigan team. So IMHO, they have ONE impressive showing against Top Ten teams in Iowa.

So I have to disagree. If they play like they did vs PSU against Iowa, I think it will be a pummeling.

So... um, they usually LOSE when they play Top 10 ranked teams at home? The #3 rated Michigan team they beat ended up dropping down to #10 in the EOS AP poll. Still Top 10, I suppose, but it just doesn't EVER surprise me when someone beats Harbaugh's Michigan team. So IMHO, they have ONE impressive showing against Top Ten teams in Iowa.

So I have to disagree. If they play like they did vs PSU against Iowa, I think it will be a pummeling.

Everyone except for Alabama sucks against top 10 teams. Iowa has finished 4 of their last 6 games against top 10 opponents within 1 score or a win.
Minnesota is over-ranked right now, and they are going into an environment were even the best of the best struggle.

This game isn't going to be easy, and if they play it 100 times they will lose it almost as often as they win.

Everyone except for Alabama sucks against top 10 teams. Iowa has finished 4 of their last 6 games against top 10 opponents within 1 score or a win.
Minnesota is over-ranked right now, and they are going into an environment were even the best of the best struggle.

This game isn't going to be easy, and if they play it 100 times they will lose it almost as often as they win.

How do you figure Minnesota is over-ranked right now?

How do you figure Minnesota is over-ranked right now?

I think there is a better argument to be had we are underbanked. Oregon and Bama have both lost games, and neither has a win against a team anywhere near as good as PSU.

Not to beat a dead horse but Sagarin has IA at least three points better than MN and WI is still in the top ten.
The CFP rankings will come out soon but as of today MN is not a top ten team.

If the Gophers win at Iowa the division is pretty much rapped up, regardless of what Wisconsin does. The only question will be whether the Gopher fans rush the field in Evanston when the clinch the West.

Top Bottom