[TICKETS REMAINING TRACKING THREAD] -- Minnesota vs. Wisconsin

Hollinsanity

Reaction score
Howdy! Back with more data -- new thread for the Wisconsin game. Here's the data as of today:

---------------------------
Date: Monday 11/11 5pm
Zone 1 remaining: 43
Zone 2 remaining: 754
Zone 3 remaining: 770
Zone 4 remaining: 242
Zone 5 remaining: 48
Zone 6 remaining: 0
Zone 7 remaining: 0
Zone 8 remaining: 0
Zone 9 remaining: 34
Zone 10 remaining: 14
Zone 21 remaining: 206
total: 2111

All $60 seats and are gone as of now, though I have a hunch with many of the students home for Thanksgiving they may eventually open up Section 222 or 229 like they did vs Penn State.

Regardless, trending towards a sellout -- though the expensive tickets may move slowly.

Will post updates here every few days moving forward!

Thank you!

The seats appear to be under-priced - what’s wrong with that ticket office?

I went to my first Gophers game since I was in undergrad on Saturday (since I live in Texas now). What at atmosphere! Wish it was like that when I was in school.

Bought two more tickets for the Axe game. See y'all there!

Date: Monday 11/11 5pm
Zone 1 remaining: 43
Zone 2 remaining: 754
Zone 3 remaining: 770
Zone 4 remaining: 242
Zone 5 remaining: 48
Zone 9 remaining: 34
Zone 10 remaining: 14
Zone 21 remaining: 206
total: 2111

Date: 11/13 2:30pm EST
Zone 1 remaining: 19
Zone 2 remaining: 688
Zone 3 remaining: 509
Zone 4 remaining: 95
Zone 5 remaining: 12
Zone 9 remaining: 24
Zone 10 remaining: 0
Zone 21 remaining: 172
total: 1519

Definitely on pace for a sellout!

I felt like there was a bunch left in the upper corners just before the Penn St game. Those went very fast!

Why will they come here, they will already have been eliminated?:p

Why will they come here, they will already have been eliminated?:p
If they don't have the chance to end our division hopes, they have the chance to end our playoff hopes. That'll be very appealing for a team that beat us a million times in a row before last year.

I don't think many of the tickets were scooped up by Badger fans. They were likely scooped up by Gopher fans energized over the Penn State victory.

I don't think many of the tickets were scooped up by Badger fans. They were likely scooped up by Gopher fans energized over the Penn State victory.

They did seem to get purchased quickly right after the game. I hope this is the case.

Lower bowl is almost sold out - just 77 tickets left by my count, and only on pair left. Everything else is singles.

They did seem to get purchased quickly right after the game. I hope this is the case.

2 games down and a weird year for them... following a weird year. Hard to imagine they're all Wisc fans buying them.

I like to think we gave the non regular attendees a show with Penn St. and they were all "Hell, I'm in town Thanksgiving, let's do that again!"

The metrodome created a lot of lasting PTSD among Gopher fans from the days of having tens of thousands of Skunk or Squawk fans to contend with at home games. The Squawk goalpost fiasco cemented this all the way to (in my opinion) the "who hates Iowa" chant.

As the years have passed by in TCF Bank Stadium, things have changed from the early years where there used to be a regular argument on Gopherhole about how many opposing fans would flood the stadium, to the current point where this isn't worried about nearly as much, and it has reduced as a regular topic of conversation here.

There is something about the fact TCF Bank Stadium being an outdoor experience, far fewer seats, and the overall experience now falling more in line with any visiting fan experience to any other B1G stadium - that has all combined to reduce the number of opposing fans in the stadium for rivalry games. Sure, there are more Iowa and Wisconsin fans in TCF Bank Stadium when those teams are played compared to Purdue, Maryland, etc. but in general, this is not nearly the concern it used to be. There has been a big rush of tickets sold for the Wisconsin game and I am confident the vast majority of seats will be filled with maroon and gold.

The metrodome created a lot of lasting PTSD among Gopher fans from the days of having tens of thousands of Skunk or Squawk fans to contend with at home games. The Squawk goalpost fiasco cemented this all the way to (in my opinion) the "who hates Iowa" chant.

As the years have passed by in TCF Bank Stadium, things have changed from the early years where there used to be a regular argument on Gopherhole about how many opposing fans would flood the stadium, to the current point where this isn't worried about nearly as much, and it has reduced as a regular topic of conversation here.

There is something about the fact TCF Bank Stadium being an outdoor experience, far fewer seats, and the overall experience now falling more in line with any visiting fan experience to any other B1G stadium - that has all combined to reduce the number of opposing fans in the stadium for rivalry games. Sure, there are more Iowa and Wisconsin fans in TCF Bank Stadium when those teams are played compared to Purdue, Maryland, etc. but in general, this is not nearly the concern it used to be. There has been a big rush of tickets sold for the Wisconsin game and I am confident the vast majority of seats will be filled with maroon and gold.

+1

This game is almost certainly for at least one of the following:

Big Ten West Title
Rose Bowl
12-0 and CFP

It's also for the Axe and highly likely to host GameDay. Let's fill those last few seats.

I got my 2 for $215 each. They almost priced me out but not quite. Should be quite an environment for that one.

If my MN alum buddy is any indication, it was Gopher euphoria driving a lot of the weekend sales. Calls me on Saturday night (lives in Fort Collins, CO) and wants two tickets - he and his wife are flying into town (during Thanksgiving weekend no less). First game he’s been back for since graduating in the early ‘80s.

Hopefully we can make nearly every game a sellout now going forward where there’s enough demand to expand the stadium seating capacity. I would think it’d be easier to sell top recruits on a 70-80k Stadium

Hopefully we can make nearly every game a sellout now going forward where there’s enough demand to expand the stadium seating capacity. I would think it’d be easier to sell top recruits on a 70-80k Stadium

Where/how? Besides adding another like 800 on the open end

Where/how? Besides adding another like 800 on the open end

North side of the stadium was built to be expandable. There's a lot of concourse space behind the existing seating to support more. That said, it would take several years of sellouts to do it IMHO. CFB attendance is down nationally and I'd guess the U will be happy to sell out a 50k seat stadium rather than add 10-20k more seats that may or may not sell.

North side of the stadium was built to be expandable. There's a lot of concourse space behind the existing seating to support more. That said, it would take several years of sellouts to do it IMHO. CFB attendance is down nationally and I'd guess the U will be happy to sell out a 50k seat stadium rather than add 10-20k more seats that may or may not sell.

Yeah expansion at this point would be highly speculative.

Like put a lounge area up there or something. Maybe some temporary bleachers for big games... but that's it.

This game is almost certainly for at least one of the following:

Big Ten West Title
Rose Bowl
12-0 and CFP

It's also for the Axe and highly likely to host GameDay. Let's fill those last few seats.

12-0 alone doesn't guarantee us the CFP. Getting into the CFP is almost solely determined by beating Ohio State in Indy, the following week.

That said, great post and all of your other points I think are likely correct!

I always laugh when people talk possible stadium expansion and they assume that means closing the open end of the stadium. That's one of the best features of the stadium!

I would only expand in 10k increments if/when we have about 20k committed people on a season ticket waiting list.

Top Bottom