From PS "The terrible-horrible-no-good-very-bad-day."

I thought the music choices at the end of the game were perfect. And I for one am not super excited about the third quarter "tradition". It's certainly more fun when the stadium is full and the program is succeeding.

This is a nice look at the opposing fans’ view

Great article to get a once removed perspective of the gameday experience/traditions. Not a lot was different than most games except for the crowd size and the obvious anticipation. I've always posted it is more what you make of it than what the U provides...and I've always felt the U has done a really good job of providing the foundation.

Just because the program has been on a 50 year nap doesn’t mean all the ingredients aren’t there for a spectacular big time college football environment.

After all, we invented cheerleading, for God’s sake! John Phillip freaking Sousa wrote a march - just for us!

The old time traditions are spectacular and new twists like the scoreboard concerned gopher kicking distraction and the “do the Gopher” fourth quarter dance always seem to capture the attention and humor of visitors.

When the Gophers are rolling, the rouser spellout is particularly intimidating. This is not the first time I have heard a visitor point out how annoying it is to them.

Of course it is all so much more fun, and exponentially magnified with a full stadium and a packed student section.

I personally LOVE the spelling out part of the rouser and LOVE that it annoys visiting fans. It means it’s working!!!

Really cool article. I want to send him a nice message. Fun to hear what he had to say about his experience. Seems like he has been to a handful of away spots so I like the comparisons.

That was a great article. It was nice to get a visitor's perspective that wasn't bitter or angry. I totally agree - we need to time scary gopher better. Thanks for posting the article!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I enjoyed that. I had to Google what a daylong was. Is that an eastern term or am I just old?

That was a fun read , thx. Enjoyed his perspective on the game day experience. Playing 1999 n the Lion sleeps tonight was elite.

PSU graduates will never misspell our glorious state again.

We need to find a way to repurpose some of the hockey chants for football. 50k people chanting "You Just Suck" at the opposing teams sieve of a defense would be quite awesome.

Great article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captured the day so well. Coming from a PSU fan makes it a tremendous compliment as i have been to a PSU white out and it is spectacular. May just be my favorite share as i pride myself as a fan setting aside a bias to look at a game, a team, a crowd with a open mind. Bravo !

We need to find a way to repurpose some of the hockey chants for football. 50k people chanting "You Just Suck" at the opposing teams sieve of a defense would be quite awesome.
That cheer actually came to my mind during the game when Clifford threw one of his interceptions.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

He was a very good sport about it.

I never thought of playing 1999 as trolling; I attribute it more to just being by Prince.

Just because the program has been on a 50 year nap doesn’t mean all the ingredients aren’t there for a spectacular big time college football environment.

After all, we invented cheerleading, for God’s sake! John Phillip freaking Sousa wrote a march - just for us!

The old time traditions are spectacular and new twists like the scoreboard concerned gopher kicking distraction and the “do the Gopher” fourth quarter dance always seem to capture the attention and humor of visitors.

When the Gophers are rolling, the rouser spellout is particularly intimidating. This is not the first time I have heard a visitor point out how annoying it is to them.

Of course it is all so much more fun, and exponentially magnified with a full stadium and a packed student section.

I was this many days old when I learned that the Minnesota March was a Sousa number- My mind is blown. Saturday has me feeling like I've been living in the Matrix this entire time...

I enjoyed that. I had to Google what a daylong was. Is that an eastern term or am I just old?

same and i still dont think i hve the right answer...

anybody know?

My favorite chant comes from the North Dakota Fighting Sioux!

As they announce the other team's starting lineup, they chant, "Who's he? He sucks s#!t!" After each opposing player's name. Double Points for the announcer waiting for it. At least they used to. Perfectly in sync just like our beloved "Rouser" Minnesota.

Top Bottom