Gophers vs. PSU TV ratings...

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/status/1193937835428110337

Per Doogie on Twitter: Preliminary #Gophers-PSU Twin Cities TV ratings: 19.5 with a 58 share, with a peak of 24.1 and a 64 share as the game ended. 1 ratings point = around 17,500 households. Just ridiculously high numbers. Heck, another 2ish ratings points were at the game. Interest is big-time.

If my math is correct, about 420,000 Twin Cities households were tuned in at the end of the Gopher game, with a 64 share.

I could be wrong but the 64 share means 64% of TVs that were on, were watching the Gophers.

Note: Please correct if I am making wrong assessments/judgements. Not intentional.

https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/status/1193937835428110337

Per Doogie on Twitter: Preliminary #Gophers-PSU Twin Cities TV ratings: 19.5 with a 58 share, with a peak of 24.1 and a 64 share as the game ended. 1 ratings point = around 17,500 households. Just ridiculously high numbers. Heck, another 2ish ratings points were at the game. Interest is big-time.

If my math is correct, about 420,000 Twin Cities households were tuned in at the end of the Gopher game, with a 64 share.

I could be wrong but the 64 share means 64% of TVs that were on, were watching the Gophers.

Note: Please correct if I am making wrong assessments/judgements. Not intentional.

I was amazed at how many people I know at work that aren't really big Gopher fans watched the game. A lot of interest is right - and I would imagine that interest will continue into the Iowa game this Saturday.

I expect a fairly good Minnesota contingent down in Iowa, but if they win -- watch how many Gopher fans make the trip to Evanston the next week. That will be one of the best road crowds ever -- maybe THE biggest.

This is the third thread about this tweet that has been posted . . .

Have we reached Lou Holtz era level of hype yet? It has to be getting close. Those ratings are massive for a Gopher football game.

Top Bottom