Say something nice about Iowa (2019 Edition)

The cold weather in the fall dampens the poop smell.

I-O-W-A is the home of Maid-Rite with 21 in-state locations.

This thread is to say something nice. The Maid-Rite simultaneously fails at being a hamburger and at being a sloppy Joe.

Breaded pork tenderloin sandwich all day long.

The Vesta Burger at Vesta in Iowa River Landing in Coralville. Can't wait to have one this Friday night!

This thread is to say something nice. The Maid-Rite simultaneously fails at being a hamburger and at being a sloppy Joe.

I'm with you on the tenderloin sandwich...however these things are a food shrine to Mrs. Billd...when traveling I try to hide that we're within 20 miles of one from her.

The shape of their state creates a nice sturdy pedestal for the best looking state on the map to stand on.

Maid-Rites are disgusting.

As for something nice: they're not North Dakota.

It's a good place to put all the Iowans...otherwise they might live in Minnesota

They've been walking upright on their hind legs for at least a couple of generations now

Their emergency response.

A Cessna crashed into an Iowa cemetery a few days ago. So far, authorities have recovered over 500 bodies.

There's gotta be at least 1 attractive student there with brothers that's still a virgin. Maybe even impressive enough to have 2

I heard the condition of the books in their state libraries is immaculate

+1

I bought one of their fundraiser tshirts.

Yeah. This is a pretty cool tradition.

I once blew out my tire on 35 in the middle of winter and a guy in a Hawkeye jacket offered me some help. I said thanks and I had it covered. He returned 10 minutes later with cup of coffee.

Iowa almost has more to do there than Idaho, but not as much to do there as Nebraska, or South Dakota. If I lived there, I’d probably be competing to be the biggest alcoholic in the state too. Their bars probably do great.

Not sure what I’m actually supposed to say that is good about Iowa. Thanks for the corn, eggs, beef, and bread I eat? (Even that, I’m sure a lot of those items come from here in Minnesota).

I’m at a loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This past August I met some distant relatives (3rd cousins) from my Dad's Dads's - Moms - side of the family tree in Maquoketa, IA

A family friend is going to Audiology school at Iowa. She's very nice! But then again, she's from Maryland!

Top Bottom