Say something nice about Iowa (2019 Edition)

The home of Casey's breakfast pizza. If you've never had a slice, you're missing out.

Yeah. This is a pretty cool tradition.

I once blew out my tire on 35 in the middle of winter and a guy in a Hawkeye jacket offered me some help. I said thanks and I had it covered. He returned 10 minutes later with cup of coffee.

I hope we represent Minnesota like that.

I have a good friend who married a gal from Dubuque. Before the wedding we got to hit some balls at the Field of Dreams. Nice memory.

Downtown Des Moines has some good restaurants.

Although I suspect most of the state's population considers downtown Des Moines an other worldly "no go zone"....

They a make pretty good pork tenderloin sandwich

You might think Iowa fans aren't fit to sleep with pigs. But I say they are!

There is some good beer made at Toppling Goliath in Decorah

When I was 18 I was driving down to visit a friend who attended Drake and I stopped at a Flying J somewhere along 35 and had what I thought at the time was a really fantastic steak at the sit down restaurant in the truck stop.

The percentage of vowels in "Iowa" is truly elite. It's right up there with Ohio and otherwise without peer.

Nate Stanley eats breakfast cereal straight out of the box, not because it's better that way, it's just that whenever he gets close to a bowl he chokes.

I think some John Deere tractors are still made there (if you like John Deere).

Cheap gas when you’re driving through the state to go somewhere important.

For just being an ordinary corn and pigs state, its State Capital City has a fancy name.

When traveling with 18-25 year old friends, the gas station names usually gets a few laughs.

When traveling with 18-25 year old friends, the gas station names usually gets a few laughs.

I confess to picking up a $9 Kum & Go t-shirt last spring when I was in Des Moines. I will be 50 before this month is done.

My dog was born in Iowa. My daughters delight in reminding me of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They grow lots of pigs. I eat lots of bacon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm. This is a tough one. Let me think, can I say something nice about Iowa?

Let’s see, the Children’s Hospital wave has already been covered. Hmm, Iowa, Iowa, Iowa, what is something nice I can say about Iowa?

If I recall, Iowa is an acronym for Idiots Out Walking About. Wait, that maybe true, but it’s not particularly nice.

I give up, is this a trick question?

My dad was born in Wisconsin, grew up in Iowa, and died a Gopher fan in Minnesota.

“Something nice about Iowa (2019 Edition)”

I obey the letter of the law of not the spirit.

My dad was born in Wisconsin, grew up in Iowa, and died a Gopher fan in Minnesota.

Boy, did he ever over come some difficult obstacles. Talk about a real life example of how to turn lemons into lemonade. You must be proud of your old man!

Top Bottom