Just how loud was it?

AF_Howie_2180

Reaction score
Has anyone heard if they did a decibel reading at all during the game to see how loud it really was in the stadium? I remember reading someone had posted they never heard the push-up count from Goldy at all during the game it was so loud after our scores. Haven't heard how far away from the stadium the party could be heard ?

Mrs. Billd asked in the 3rd quarter whether Goldy was doing his pushups...?

It was LOUD in 211.

I was in 101. Couldn’t hear the band. Had to wait for the crowd to start the rouser. Usually caught on around the second N in Minnesota. My ears were ringing when I got in my car.

It was loud! Never heard the push-up count either and in the 2nd half could not hear the rouser start up very well if at all, but knew when to join in with MINNESOTA.

Glad the PA guy gave kudos to the student section. They arrived early and loud.

In 231 and never heard the push-up count either. Loud AF on our end.

In 231 and never heard the push-up count either. Loud AF on our end.

137 row 10 here. Usually the my family and I get a kick out of counting along. Not this time. It was cacophonous beginning to end.

It was loud - loudest I’ve heard at TCF - but not “deafening.”

The design of the stadium (and this is by no means a criticism) allows a lot of sound to escape, especially on the sunny side . The upper deck is not built directly above the lower deck, but angled back. Had this noise been in the dome, US Bank or even Target field, it would have been deafening.

137 row 10 here. Usually the my family and I get a kick out of counting along. Not this time. It was cacophonous beginning to end.

Beauty word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrs. Billd asked in the 3rd quarter whether Goldy was doing his pushups...?

It was LOUD in 211.

I told my wife the same thing.

Like all those gameday bits that you remember (granted they're fun things) ... it was a completely different game, and you barely noticed them.

For a sold out game the concourses were pretty quiet too in terms of foot traffic.

The design of the stadium (and this is by no means a criticism) allows a lot of sound to escape, especially on the sunny side . The upper deck is not built directly above the lower deck, but angled back. Had this noise been in the dome, US Bank or even Target field, it would have been deafening.

I like that though.

I've been to US Bank ... that's not fun loud when you get that reverb **** in your ear. I mean good on the fans for being loud but It sounds a lot more natural to me when it is a nice outdoor stadium loud.

I told my wife the same thing.

Like all those gameday bits that you remember (granted they're fun things) ... it was a completely different game, and you barely noticed them.

For a sold out game the concourses were pretty quiet too in terms of foot traffic.

Concourse and the open end zone/beer garden were not as busy as usual. People were in their seats A LOT (well, standing but near their seats)

I agree. It was no where near as loud as a Viking game at the old Metrodome but it was still pretty loud.

Beauty word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HA. U of M English degree. I'm qualified to sell shoes and post $.50 words. It was effing LOUD though. In all the good ways mentioned.

Concourse and the open end zone/beer garden were not as busy as usual. People were in their seats A LOT (well, standing but near their seats)

It reminded me of the NCAA college hockey championship in St. Paul. I was sitting in the isle.

Towards the end of the 3rd the vendors abandoned their posts and filed into the isle and were sitting in the isle.

There was nobody back there.

Top Bottom