The best article written about the game and crowd

It will be nice if you don't have to click on free trial or subscribe to see excerpts from this article.

It will be nice if you don't have to click on free trial or subscribe to see excerpts from this article.

I can't help you there, but what Jon did is instead of a regular game article, he told each quarter through the eyes of someone different. Gopher player parent, coaches wife, fan and former Gopher players. Each quarter, different perspective.

dang, jon is an amazing writer. that's one of the best gopher articles i've read.

I can't help you there, but what Jon did is instead of a regular game article, he told each quarter through the eyes of someone different. Gopher player parent, coaches wife, fan and former Gopher players. Each quarter, different perspective.

Cut and paste.

Athletic bites down hard on this. Good articles but they really want you to pay

The model is not working. It has been unprofitable since it launched almost 4 years ago. Only so many rounds of funding before it dries up.

The model is not working. It has been unprofitable since it launched almost 4 years ago. Only so many rounds of funding before it dries up.

sadly i agree. a lot of very talented journalists left big jobs to work at the athletic and it's not sustainable. this article though, worth signing up for.

I’ve never read the athletic. Unfortunately in 2019 it would have to be pretty damn good stories to get me to pay for content on the internet. I just think there is so much information out there that I will get my game fix from reading something instead of paying for it online.

Damn, I think I'm gonna have to break down and subscribe. Way too much good writing being done on that site to keep ignoring it.

I’ve never read the athletic. Unfortunately in 2019 it would have to be pretty damn good stories to get me to pay for content on the internet. I just think there is so much information out there that I will get my game fix from reading something instead of paying for it online.

I recently subscribed. I can assure you, they are pretty damn good stories.

Damn, I think I'm gonna have to break down and subscribe. Way too much good writing being done on that site to keep ignoring it.

Been a subscriber for about two years since Jon K switched. Great writing, website is getting better, and some nice long form articles.
There is also a nice read on the AP ballot of another writer, Matt Brown, who goes into some history of Minnesota and Indiana and the AP poll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best article written that many haven't read :/
I did recently subscribe back to the Strib and I think the Strib, Kfan, and all the other local outlets have been doing a great job of covering this team. I used to think that the Gophers got an unfair shake in the Twins Cities media market, but others were obviously right. Do well and get lots of positive publicity.

I wonder why KFAN pumps the Athletic so much? Is Clear Channel invested? Or do they have money to throw at local radio stations for promotions?

Been a subscriber for about two years since Jon K switched. Great writing, website is getting better, and some nice long form articles.
There is also a nice read on the AP ballot of another writer, Matt Brown, who goes into some history of Minnesota and Indiana and the AP poll.

That's when I subscribed, too.

Russo
Jonny K
Gleeman
Hayes
Robson

Plus, if you like the Loons, they have the best coverage you will read anywhere/

Plus their national guys are 2nd to none.

I did recently subscribe back to the Strib and I think the Strib, Kfan, and all the other local outlets have been doing a great job of covering this team. I used to think that the Gophers got an unfair shake in the Twins Cities media market, but others were obviously right. Do well and get lots of positive publicity.

I wonder why KFAN pumps the Athletic so much? Is Clear Channel invested? Or do they have money to throw at local radio stations for promotions?

They have had a relationship with Russo & Krysinski since the time they were at the Strib & AP, respectively.

Probably because John K. goes on their and doesn't get paid much for it by KFAN, least they could do is promote for him.

Please stop posting articles that require payment to read. WTF is the point?

So you can know about it and then think about subscribing so you can read it and support the journalists working there. Or, just ignore them and it'll go away, the articles won't get written anymore, and you can go back to not being annoyed by what others support and enjoy.

Please stop posting articles that require payment to read. WTF is the point?

Chill out. You can download the "The Athletic" app and read 3 articles free a month, you don't even need to creat an account, there is a skip button when they ask you too in the app.

I’d be very thankful if someone could cut and paste it into a PM to me.

Jon Athletic was just on KFAN with Danny B talking about this article and all of the feedback he's received about it.

Jon Athletic was just on KFAN with Danny B talking about this article and all of the feedback he's received about it.

He also mentioned that he spent an entire quarter of the Gopher game with....Mr. Bleed Gopher himself and a buddy of his as part of his writing process. He also spent a quarter in the suite with Heather and 2 quarters with the Coughlin clan. Way to go, Rob!!!

He also mentioned that Bleed’s lifelong Gopher buddy, his father, had passed away 4 years ago and it caused me to tear up a bit. I was fortunate to have some beverages at Stub & Herb’s before Midnight Madness a few years back at a Gopherhole event. He was one heck of a guy and maybe the biggest Gopher supporter I’ve ever met.

Feeling the need to subscribe. Bleed is awesome and John K is great writer and what a cool way to approach this special game.

He also mentioned that he spent an entire quarter of the Gopher game with....Mr. Bleed Gopher himself and a buddy of his as part of his writing process. He also spent a quarter in the suite with Heather and 2 quarters with the Coughlin clan. Way to go, Rob!!!

He also mentioned that Bleed’s lifelong Gopher buddy, his father, had passed away 4 years ago and it caused me to tear up a bit. I was fortunate to have some beverages at Stub & Herb’s before Midnight Madness a few years back at a Gopherhole event. He was one heck of a guy and maybe the biggest Gopher supporter I’ve ever met.

Thanks Slim Tubby, and fun memory. I appreciate the post.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom