Golden Gophers Open @ +3 at Iowa

We're coming off....

Fans do that a lot of the time, making comments about not wanting to face teams coming off a loss cause they'll be angrier or more desperate.

Especially at this point where college football is basically a professional league dressed as an amateur league, teams are generally bringing their best to every game.

an unbelievable emotional high, haven't won there in 20 years, and as mentioned they are coming off a key loss, and anxious to atone at home.

The line is no surprise...we can win if we don't turn the ball over, but this ( and not Wisconsin) is the spot for an emotional letdown.

Hope we're ready to play. We'll need to be.

an unbelievable emotional high, haven't won there in 20 years, and as mentioned they are coming off a key loss, and anxious to atone at home.

The line is no surprise...we can win if we don't turn the ball over, but this ( and not Wisconsin) is the spot for an emotional letdown.

Hope we're ready to play. We'll need to be.

Conventional wisdom says you are right.....this team doesn't seem to follow those trends though....

It just feels like the leadership from the coaches and players is so good on this team that they won't let that "letdown" game happen. If we protect the football we win fairly easily in this one. If we don't, anything can happen. I just don't think their offense can keep up with ours and based on their games against Penn State and Wisconsin, it is possible to run the ball on their defense.

Logically picking the Gophers seems like a smart bet but I probably won't do it because then if they lose I'll be even more disappointed.

Bet against them. Either they win, or you dry your tears with $$.

Las Vegas has the right idea: this will be a very tough game for Minnesota, coming off an emotional win at home. Or so goes conventional wisdom: being flat after a big effort the week before. It is a major challenge for the coaches and players to be up for the effort it will take to win against a really tough team on the road in a rivalry game. "Free Floyd!"

They were very efficient in using only one consonant in their state name, very impressive!

Las Vegas has the right idea: this will be a very tough game for Minnesota, coming off an emotional win at home. Or so goes conventional wisdom: being flat after a big effort the week before. It is a major challenge for the coaches and players to be up for the effort it will take to win against a really tough team on the road in a rivalry game. "Free Floyd!"

I'm 100% sure Vegas did not set a spread based on a guess as to the emotional state of the team.

I'm 100% sure Vegas did not set a spread based on a guess as to the emotional state of the team.

Depends on what they know ....

maxresdefault.jpg

After reading this thread I now see that Iowa losing their last game makes Iowa more likely to win and Minnesota winning their last game makes them more likely to lose. What constitutes "conventional wisdom" in football astounds me.

After reading this thread I now see that Iowa losing their last game makes Iowa more likely to win and Minnesota winning their last game makes them more likely to lose. What constitutes "conventional wisdom" in football astounds me.

As Carlin would have said "It's all bull****, and it's bad for ya"

Is NWestern capable of scoring 40, yet alone covering 40? I guess they could do it vs UMass if anyone.

Top Bottom