Golden Gophers Open @ +3 at Iowa

SP+ has the Gophers -2, better believe I'm going to hop on this one.

From a qualitative point of view, I get it though. Minnesota struggled with some things that Iowa does really well.

I think the Gophers will win this game, but I don't think it will be easy.

Logically picking the Gophers seems like a smart bet but I probably won't do it because then if they lose I'll be even more disappointed.

Logically picking the Gophers seems like a smart bet but I probably won't do it because then if they lose I'll be even more disappointed.

Just make it a small enough bet that you won't care much if you lose.

So are the Gophers +3 (underdogs) or -2 (favorites)?

Just make it a small enough bet that you won't care much if you lose.

They key is spreading out your money among a lot of smart bets because if you're just betting individual games with as much as you're willing to lose, then you'll lose once, hate your experience, and quit.

You're trying to win 55% of your bets, not 100%.

I’m guessing it is relatively uncommon for top 10 teams to be underdogs when playing unranked teams, even on the road.

I’m guessing it is relatively uncommon for top 10 teams to be underdogs when playing unranked teams, even on the road.

Certainly isn't common, but Iowa probably should still be ranked IMO (20-25 range) and Kinnick has a lot of juju that people might be buying into.

Was thinking the same thing. Iowa is still ranked but has to be pretty uncommon for a team ranked in the 20's to be favored over #7. I love it though, just one more log to throw on the fire, keep the players hungry and looking to prove everyone wrong.

OSU -54 over Rutgers
Northwestern -40 over UMass

Those are some big spreads.

Iowa will still be ranked. I wonder how much that line will move.

Iowa -3. Disrespect from Vegas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They key is spreading out your money among a lot of smart bets because if you're just betting individual games with as much as you're willing to lose, then you'll lose once, hate your experience, and quit.

You're trying to win 55% of your bets, not 100%.

You must listen to RJ Bell and Fezik. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was thinking the same thing. Iowa is still ranked but has to be pretty uncommon for a team ranked in the 20's to be favored over #7. I love it though, just one more log to throw on the fire, keep the players hungry and looking to prove everyone wrong.

Exactly. Some nice material for PJF this week.

Apparently it opened at 2 and jumped to 3. Seems that Vegas expects a let down game for the Gophers.

Give it a few days. A lot of folks have lost money betting against the Gophs this year...

Holy crap....how bad is UMass? Northwestern's offense has been terrible

Real bad. Their defense must be historically awful. Rutgers got 49 against them and Army, Liberty, UConn, Coastal Carolina, Charlotte, and Louisiana Tech have all eclipsed 50 against them.

Taking home field advantage ~2.5 pts into account SP+ sees us as ~2.5 point favorites. We are current favored vs Sconnie as well.

????? How does that line make ANY sense?

We are on the road, they have do not lose games back to back, we have not been 9-0 since the middle ages and they want Minnesota people to go nuts and throw money at that. The line will move to even by Thursday.

We are on the road, they have do not lose games back to back, we have not been 9-0 since the middle ages and they want Minnesota people to go nuts and throw money at that. The line will move to even by Thursday.

Is this something people are really saying? They lost back to back earlier this year, and it would be a really strange reason to bet on them anyway. It's saying that a lose makes a team more likely to win the next one. It's like a version of the gamblers fallacy that makes even less sense.

Is this something people are really saying? They lost back to back earlier this year, and it would be a really strange reason to bet on them anyway. It's saying that a lose makes a team more likely to win the next one. It's like a version of the gamblers fallacy that makes even less sense.

Fans do that a lot of the time, making comments about not wanting to face teams coming off a loss cause they'll be angrier or more desperate.

Especially at this point where college football is basically a professional league dressed as an amateur league, teams are generally bringing their best to every game.

Top Bottom